1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Identifying DVD Drive Please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 69pede69, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 69pede69

69pede69 Member

Hi guys...

My wife purchased a used 360 a week or so back and one of the fans was bad. I opened it up and there were 4 blown caps, as well as the bad fan. I ordered the fan and caps off eBay, received them, installed them and all is good.

However I wish to flash the DVD drive but forgot to write down the details off the drive when I had the case open. Just in case there is only one model number from the manufacturer I will list what I know here and ask for your help in identifying it.

I do know that it had Phillips / LG on the drive and a link to a pic of the tray is below. (I'm new so I can't put up a full url)

Any help so that I do not have to open the case until I have everything I need to do the flash would be greatly appreciated.

From outside the box, the only seemingly identifiable number is the serial number, which is: 907407682304

Thank you for your kind help,
    John

Tray: elitecarman.com/dvd/dvd-tray.jpg
    And my boxes power plug: elitecarman.com/dvd/my-power-plug.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

As it's a 360 "fat" model, then based on that drive shape it can only be 1 of 2 drives: -

1. BenQ VAD-6038
    2. Philips/Lite-On DG-16D2S

So given the other things you've said and the fact that 2 is far more common than 1, I'd say it's 2.

Here is an image that shows you how to identify which of those drives it is without opening the console again: -

http://i.imgur.com/GvPTS.jpg

3. 69pede69

69pede69 Member

Thanks funksoulb...

While I am absolutely 100% positive that the drive showed Phillips / LG, I suppose it is the 16D2S because it is a "2 yellow wire" drive.

Thank you for your help, now to just figure our how to flash it :)

John