1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm at my wits end!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Bleck, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Bleck

Bleck Member

Happy Holidays All!

I could really use some help here. I have a Phillips +/- 8631 DVD burner installed into my new Dell PC. At this point, I have spent a small fortune trying to figure out which blank DVD's are compatible with this burner. I have tried Verbatim ( which worked once and then the rest of the 5 pack didn't work), HP, and KHypermedia and all have failed during the burn process. Is there anyone who can suggest which brand to use or direct me to a site that may be able to help me. This is getting expensive. Thanks so much!

2. teoleo

teoleo Member

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

A few of the best blanks are Ritek and Verbatim. Try this site and see what your burner likes the best.
    http://www.videohelp.com.
    Once there, click dvd writers on left side and then type in your burner model in the search area.

Jerry

4. kchev

kchev Regular member

are you using + or - discs?

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Rule #1 - if you burn more than 2 coasters, start using a rewritable until you figure out the problem. With Kypermedia, it's most likely because of the media. With Verbatim, you better start suspecting other causes like your burner, your burning software, your ASPI drivers, your burn speed, etc. It would help alot if you gave details about the error (look for burn log files), what software you use (Nero or Roxio crap), burn speed, etc.