1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in Converting AVI to DVD??????!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by unicorn81, Feb 24, 2007.

1. unicorn81

unicorn81 Member

Hi All,

Im just wondering if someone can help me. I converted a 4 avi files into mp2 (using cucosoft) and then encosed them using tmpgenc 3.0. Just as i was about to burn them to dvd i checked the sound on the file and 20 end of the file had no sound.

This is really annoying as i waited 7 hours for it to encode with tmpgenc. Is there anything i can do now to ammend the last part of the sound? Or do i have to delete and start again??? Help Please?

Also, can anyone recommend a good avi to dvd converter. I basically want something that will convert avi files to one disk with a quality pic and can create chapters before or after burining?

I have used cucosoft and tmpgenc 3.0 and found the following problems:

Cucocsoft:Burns avi to dvd compatible to two disks sometimes and does not create chapters before burning?

tmpgenc:
    Wont accept avi files to decode (and then have to decode using cucosoft to mp2) and takes over 6 HOURS to encode. But quality is great!!

Please help............!!!!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd will do the job for you, also as far as the audio being lost with the last bit of your file maby the audio was not ther at all like bad file, you might try geting the files again and doing it over with the program i have said to use

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

There are a couple of ways to go here, try TMPGEnc DVD Source Creator, it's dead easy to use and it will encode .avi files to mpg. Second try AVI2DVD again dead easy to use, will encode .avi to mpg.

Stuff all that double encoding.

Good luck, post back your results.

M

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  4. unicorn81

unicorn81 Member

Hi ,

Which one is faster to convert with dvd format? tmpgenc or avi to dvd? Also is there a way to use the super quick cucosoft to convert an avi todvd format and then chapter/burn with other software?

Do you have any suggesstions on how to get the sound of the dvd file i mentioned previously or shall i delete and start again?

Thanks again!

5. Molder

Molder Regular member

The faster you encode the lesser the quality, with TMPGEnc DVD Source Creator you can put the two 700mb movies in it (quality will be less) and start the process, tick the box to shut down when it;s done and go to bed, get up next morning and it's done.

Avi2DVD will only do 1 700mb movie at a time, same thing get it going tick the shut down when done box and go to bed.

Just do one movie per disc, they cost like $0.50 cent per disc.

Yes I would start again.

M