1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in copying to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mtlhd, Sep 24, 2004.

1. mtlhd

mtlhd Member

New here, and am needing help on copying a video from my PC to DVD. I have a Sony DCR-HC20 Handycam. I copied the video to file on my hard drive (running Windows XP). I have tried several times to burn a DVD to view on my TV (using Windows Movie Maker, RecordNow & the Picture Package that came with the camcorder), but the DVD player(Emerson EWD7003) gives an error that states "Remove disc. Playback feature may not be available on this disc." The disc(s) play fine on the PC. I've called both companies, to no avail. Do I need to change the format or what? If so, how do I do that so it can be played on the 'Big Screen'? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. StormFire

StormFire Guest

If they play fine on the pc then either the dvd-player
    is a fussy one (buy a new dvd player), the discs you are using are crap (buy better quality discs), or the buring software you are using is not making very compatible files (use Nero to burn with).

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi
    Metalhead,

My Emerson EWD7003 plays about anything I put in it. +R,-R etc. Generally if the disc plays in your PC but not the DVD player then you have made a data disc. In other words, You can burn .avi files to a disc and they will play back in your computer.

Your player needs to see the navigation structure that was created during the authoring process.

Put you disc in your PC and open it with explorer.

A DVD-Video compliant disc will have a VIDEO_TS folder and an empty AUDIO_TS folder. The VIDEO_TS folder will have some .ifo, .bup and .vob files in it. See if yours looks like that. If not, then there may be something going wrong during the authoring/burn process. Let us know what you find. You can use Nero as Stormfire said, you can even use it to capture and author your footage.

Cheers,
    Frank