1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP, in process of installing flip for PS2 slim

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 00BOLT, Feb 11, 2005.

1. 00BOLT

00BOLT Member

got the flip cover and swap discs and a new PS2 Slim yesterday. I just took the cover off (had to slice the warranty sticker on the back, right?)

anyway, i gotta run to store and get a screwdriver for those 2 very small screws that hold the door on, as all mine are too big... anyone have any other ideas?

but when I took the lid off this small square metal piece with a hole in the center fell out... i dont know where it came from.... anyone know where to put it back?? thanks

2. 00BOLT

00BOLT Member

crap, i just got a screwdriver and switched the flip tops, but not a little black spring fell out. Its a small spring and one side has a long rod on it, the other side has a small rod....

so now im all done, but have this spring and that small silver square with a hole in it... where do these 2 pieces go??

3. 00BOLT

00BOLT Member

4. chromdome

chromdome Member

Relax man, you're almost there... those little metal pieces are for the lid hinges (if memory serves me correctly). They go in the upper left and right hand corners. And your flip lid wont work right if you don't install the spring back in (atleast mine didn't) ...
    My lid came with some limited instructions (can't find them now, but PM me with your email and I can send them to you when I get home).

5. chromdome

chromdome Member

Just re-read your post, sorry... if the metal piece with the hole is about the size of a postage (US) stamp, it goes on the left side (if you are facing it) of the PSTwo in a slot in the upper and lower case. BTW, the long side of the spring fits in a grove in the flip lid so that the entire thing can pop up. Let me know if you need more info.

6. 00BOLT

00BOLT Member

got the little stamp sized piece... thanks.. i could never have found that

but still stuck on the spring... can you explain more where it goes?

7. 00BOLT

00BOLT Member

nevermind, i got it all back together... thanks