1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in relation to downgrading my psp for PS1 games?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by KROCJUMBO, Aug 8, 2007.

1. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Hi everyone,

Im new here and sorry if this has been asked a few too many times, but could someone please explain to me what i need to do to play my eboot file for crash bandicoot 3. I have version 3.11 and am really confused by all the modding softwares and such.

Thanks!

2. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

Well first of all, in order to downgrade, you will need an 'UNPATCHED' version of the game Lumines. The new versions of Lumines wont work (only way to tell if its the 'Patched' version of the game, is that itll have 'Update to 3.51' on the disk). Check your local gaming shop and see if the got a used one for sale, if not its gonna be a whole lot more on e-bay.

Thats the first step, once you get the game post back, but here's a link for "How to downgrade" a PSP. Ultimate Downgrading Guide

3. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Thanks for the reply! is there anyway i can get to version 1.50 without purchasing the UMD?

Thanks

4. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

Ya, but thats only if your PSP was on fw 2.60 or below. Sry bud :(

5. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Damn :( is there a way to downgrade to 2.60?

Thanks

6. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

Not without Unpatched GTA UMD (for firmwares 3.03 and below) or the Unpatched Lumines UMD (for 3.50 and below). I know its a pain, unless you borrow it from a friend, then u gotta buy it. I own both just in case. But gl on gettin the game

7. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Ill plan on getting Lumines soon, what do games have to do with downgrading?

Corey

8. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

Theres an Exploit within the game that lets you access the kernel mode in your PSP, basically bypassing the security to opening up a backdoor to the PSP. originally when the PSP had fw 1.0 or fw 1.5 on it, you are using it in kernel mode, when you have that kernel access to it, you can run your homebrew stuff on it. Its almost like using dos in windows, granting you full access to render any file. Hope that made sense to you and i hope i worded everything right.

But as of the game, once you use the game to access 'kernel' mode, then you can use that access to actually downgrade from 3.50 to 1.5 (Full kernel access) then to cfw (custom firmware) which gives you the abilities of that firmware and plus have kernel mode on it to run you homebrew, built in ps1 emulator, custom themes, and backup copies of your UMD's (iso images).

9. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Cool, thanks that was really helpful!

10. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

I tried 4 stores... None had it, The cashier at gamestop said that they dont sell it because of the whole psp thing. He also said its illegal even though no one gets caught.

Is this Creditable?

11. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

i highly doubt that, i found 2 in my gamestop 4 days ago, hes full of crap if you ask me. It is not illegal to have the game, and i highly doubt the feds gonna bust up in your house just because a custom psp... im sure hoping they got bigger fish to fry:) But unfortunately you might have to go ebay with it :(

12. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Okay, i got atleast 6 in my City so ill keep my eyes peeled, he said the same about the feds not giving that much about it. Does the 2nd version work? Im guessing no :p

13. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

Nope, that is a 'patched' version (meaning they fixed the expliot which let use access the kernel mode). So its gonna be harder to find the original version,. GL on the search man

14. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Cool! I shall update you when i have more information.

Thanks for the help/tips!

15. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

No gamestop in my area has it and thats atleast 6 of them.... They are going for about 20 on ebay as well. :/

16. Arcanaut

Arcanaut Member

Wow, the prices on ebay finally went back to normal (used to be close to 100$ for it due to the Exploit). Heh, if you lived in NC i coulda downgraded it for ya :). But best bet is to just get it off ebay then, well just let me know when you get 1 and ill help[ ya out with the downgrade. GL on getting it man

17. KROCJUMBO

KROCJUMBO Member

Lol, that would be helpful. Ill see if i can find it around here somewhere if not ebays the way..

Will update :)