1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help installing Magic 3.0

Discussion in 'PS2' started by iceboxz1, Feb 7, 2003.

1. iceboxz1

iceboxz1 Guest

Hi im in the deepest shit of my life right now, can somebody pleaaaase help. ok, heres my problem. To install magic 3, u have to solder 22 different places(21 on the top of the mainboard and 1 on the bottom)HOW DO I ACCESS THE BOTTOM OF THE MAINBOARD, i have a really old ps2, got it first week it was out,and there are 2 boards stuck ON WITHT HE MAINBOARD. HOW DO I DETACH THEM AND GET THE MAINBOARD BY ITSELF SO I CAN REACH THE BACK and solder the last FREAKING wire.!omg im almost done and im jus stting here looking at my ps2 in a million pieces.someone please help :(

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

hey I did the same thing but there should be 2 solder points on the bottom of the board if I am not mistaken(on a version one ) but thats not the issue
    you just ahve to take the main board and check arround the outside it takes a bit of effort but it just pulls off make sure that you have pulled out all of the connecting ribbon cables the metel peice under the main board is the one that you wnat to take off

Last edited: Feb 7, 2003