1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help internet failed same time as all channels on Sagem db2!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by 2xobd, May 1, 2007.

1. 2xobd

2xobd Member

I am having to use my mobile to connect to here, Ouch!
    I lost all channels on my sagem dbox2 at the same time as my modem failed. Has virgin sent a signal to break my dbox2? I find it strange that I have lost the channels at the very same time as my broadband connection. Almost as if they have zapped it or something. I asked for a new modem and they would not just send it to me, insisted on an engineer visiting me next week. Am I being spied on to see just what I have. I tried doing key updates and restart/power off, but no luck so far. Anyone else had this happen to them since Virgin took over from NTL?

2. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

Sounds more like a connection fault on Virgin's line somewhere. Unlikely you are being spied. But I don't think you'll show your DBox to them when they visit.

3. 2xobd

2xobd Member

I tried doing a scan and it found no transponders at all after about 10 minutes, so I pulled the power before the channels it had were lost. So looks like a fault on the cable somewhere.

4. 2xobd

2xobd Member

Saying that, I've just found out that Virgin has been sending a software upgrade to all set top boxes in the UK. This software change to a Virgin branded EPG has caused a lot of them to freeze.