1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

{help!} is DVD+R compatible with swap magic V3.6 plus?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Metaluk, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Metaluk

Metaluk Member

A while ago, actually ages ago, i bought swap magic with the flip top. Unfortunatley, i have a silver slimline and couldn't install the flip top cover. So i gave up for a while until i started thinking about it again, and decided to install the magic switch.
    I was just wondering, would DVD+Rs work on this version of swap magic? i've heard a few people who have been successful, but have had to tweak it about a bit. I also heard for some reason that it doesn't matter what swap magic it is, if your proper ps2 is compatible thats fine, don't know if thats true or not. I use DVD decrypter always on 1x speed because i believe it burns better when you put it at a slow pace and sometimes change the booktype to improve compatibility. So do they work?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

playing DVD+R is all about the PS2 and has nothing to do with Swap Magic. Swap Magic doesn't care if it is DVD-R or DVD+R
    But your PS2 might.
    Best way to tell is to burn one, and if your burner can booktype media (also called bitsetting) then i would use DVD Decrypter or IMGburn to burn the disc and make sure you set the booktype for DVD+R to burn as DVD-Rom for the best compatibility. (since original discs are DVD-Rom)
    With 8X discs or above i always burn at 4X

3. Metaluk

Metaluk Member

Nope, it aint having none of it. it is saying Not a valid ps2 disk or something like that. I guess i have to go with DVD-R at the moment.
    by the way, Do DVD-RW work??

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Since you have a silver slim PS2, I assume it's the recent model. If that's the case, then you are better off using DVD+R/RW media for your backed-up games to play on your PS2. The silver PS2 can be especially picky, and I seldom hear DVD-R/RW actually working on it. I'm assuming you've purchased this PS2 fairly recently and your PS2 is a v15. But if you can get a DVD-R to work, then good for you. Older fat PS2s can read both DVD-R and DVD+R but some recent slim PS2 versions have difficulty reading DVD-R but can read DVD+R better though there are of course exceptions to both cases, it really depends on your model and such like I've repeatedly said.

EDIT: By tweaking, do you mean rebuilding the game?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. Metaluk

Metaluk Member