1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - ISO Burning

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by gceballos, Jun 22, 2004.

1. gceballos

gceballos Guest

Hi!
    I was wondering if someone here had already tried to burn a gamecube ISO on a miniDVD-R and if it worked.
    I donwloaded some ISOs and Gcm files, a have phoenix and Dolphin teaser and it works perfectly.
    I have Nero 6.0 and blanks miniDVD too.
    If someone did this test, or burnt an ISO, please answer me

Cheers
    Mccloud

2. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

Until some mod chip or a crazy programmer comes along, and for all I know someone is working on it now, it's impossible to do. The Gamecube reads discs using a proprietary format similar to Mini DVD-Rs but IS NOT a mini DVD-R. To complicate things more, the data is read from the outside in, unlike all other discs known to man. So until some software comes along to write the discs from the outside in, and a modchip for the cube to read Mini DVD-Rs, it is, to my understanding at least, impossible. There's a whole thread on it located here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/61273 and many other similar threads can be found through a simple Google search.