1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, ISO files , Corrupt Data

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Vinnie11, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Vinnie11

Vinnie11 Member

I got a few games off a mate for my psp , they are all iso files. I tried puttin them on my psp but corrupt data seems to be it favourite word and it makes me feel like throwin it against the wall sometimes. I have not a clue bout any of this , any chance someone could talk me through it,
    Cheers

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Do you have custom firmware? If so they go in the ISO folder in the root of the memory stick.

3. Vinnie11

Vinnie11 Member

i dont even know what that is mate lol

4. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

hey thanks alot for the info on puting the ISO folder in the "root" of the memory stick. But now why does my psp turn off when i start up Tony Hawks Project 8???? i am about ready to throw my psp at the wall.

5. alyt

alyt Member

i think yor getting black screen after you boot the game which is exactly what i kept getting on 3.40oe. i recovered back to 1.5 and using devhook. all my games work perfectly now. i myself think theres still problems with 3.40oe as its still in its first revision

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  6. sim0z

sim0z Member

Theres a Tony Hawks 8 Fix out. dunno if fixes ur problem tho. but i am getting the same error as u. but when im transferring in onto my stick i get a reading error from my pc

7. sim0z

sim0z Member

just got it working after applying the patch, but however the game is in Spanish ! anyone know how to change the language ?

8. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

No, i am talking about when the game loads to about 25 percent it freezes and it stays for about 10 to 15 seconds then it turns off. Why is that? All the other games work, Except Need For Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0. It just freezes at the beginning when it asks if you want to enable autosave. And can you send that Tony Hawk P8 Patch?

9. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

What do you mena there is still a problom with 3.40 oe? i did'nt know there was a problom with it. I have 3.40 oe-a though, got it from www.dark-alex.org i redownloaded the Tony Hawk and did the same thing. I got
    and

10. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

11. drakex

drakex Regular member

All of the answers seem to be bad iso files, I get the same a lot, either bad iso, or bad memory stick, I had 1 that was not fake but was damage, had several corrupted blocks on it, they are pretty sensitive, and for the first dude, dude if you dont kow what a firmware is, better start searching for it, cause if your PSP is not flashed with a custom firmware then you should not be even asking what you asked...

And if you do have a custom firmware, then your Memory stick is a fake one, that is the same error I got on my fake memory stick. Good luck

12. sim0z

sim0z Member

I know what your talking about. Same thing happened to me. When u go into GAME > MEMORY STICK > Tony Hawks 8. It will load as it would normally do, but after that the Memory Stick light stops, and the PSP would shut itself down.

drakex is right. i found the solution why it wasnt working properly. i had a bad USB connection from the PC to the USB. I had a few attempts on my computer, but still no go. But however, i used my brothers computer to transfer the game to my PSP, and it WORKED perfertly ! Game starts and all, everything worked !

So its either u have a bad memory stick, or a bad USB connection, stuffed up USB cable, etc.

13. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

Oh, ok i am using my moms computer anyway until i can fix mine. Thanks for the advise. And i know what firmware is of course, and like i said before mine is 3.40 oe-a from www.Dark-AleX.org. I just tried Need For Speed Carbon and it didnt even start it seyss (the game cannot be started),and it has some code next to it.

14. alyt

alyt Member

go back to 1.5 and use devhook, if they work then u can rule out a bad iso and know that 3.40oe is the problem

15. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

Can you send a link for the 3.40 oe downgrader, and what version of Dev Hook do i need for the 1.5. So they will definatly work with 1.5 and the Dev Hook?

16. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

Just dont want to mess up my psp, cause it seems like it is all good.

17. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

Where do you guys get your ISO/CSO's from anyway?

18. alyt

alyt Member

i finaly found some isos that worked with 3.40 oe. go here.

However if you feel you need to downgrade back to 1.5 follow these staeps.

Download the pre made recovery folder Here

1. Boot into recovery mode and enable USB
    2. Open the downloaded recovery150.rar and copy the RECOVERY folder to X:\PSP\GAME\
    3. Exit USB and run "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"
    4. Follow the on screen directions
    5. You now have a fully working 1.5 PSP

19. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

Hey thanks alot for the help alyt.

20. psp1515

psp1515 Regular member

How do I become a Junior Member? I seen the rule list thing that seys 25 posts for a Newbie to a Junior member and i have like 27. How come i am not a Junior Member Yet?