1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help I've been robbed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by timcar13, Jun 4, 2007.

1. timcar13

timcar13 Member

hey i just recently bought a 360 console and i got jacked...Being the fool i am, i never registered my box, so of course i have no way of providing a serial number to the police or anyone.....HELP, some one out the has to know how i can reecover that, best buy couldn't and neither could xbox xustomer support. HELP ME PLEASE

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Sorry, but you got jacked? you just handed over your 360?!

am sorry to say that you have no way of proving you had one (other than a shop recipt) but that won't make anyone help you to recover it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Even if you registered it I doubt it would be of little help in you getting it back. I know you don't want to hear it, but you're SOL on this unless there's some type on miraculous police break. My sister-in-law had her house robbed a few months back. The police actually caught the crooks and recovered some of their stuff, but not all of it.

4. yoclick

yoclick Member

Surely if you reported it stolen to the police, could you claim it under house insurance?

5. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Theres nothing you can do...maybe cry about it..or get real depressed but I'm very sorry for your loss.

6. timcar13

timcar13 Member

Well thanks anyway.....but how bout we make a help me get an x box fund going cause damn people suck....thanks any way all

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

RIGHTY THERE!?!?!?!?!?!?

then lets call a fund for my car that was stolen (25 000), my psp (200), my laptop (2000)!!! and im serious about this stuff getting stolen from me!

psssssssttt..... NEVER HAPPENING

8. Memnock

Memnock Active member

At least with you car getting stolen the insurance should have covered everything.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

No offense but this post is useless. I am real sorry you got "jacked" for your 360. But there is nothing anyone could do for you. And no one is giving you the money to buy a new one. It could have been much worse. You or a family member could have been home at the time and killed over this. So look on the bright side. Sure your out about $400-$500 for a new system. But at least your alive to play it.

10. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

Judging by your use of grammar and your username, I'd say your a little kid looking for a free xbox... of course i have no way of proving this but that's just how it looks to me.

11. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

if you purchased w/ creditcard/giftcard at BB, they can look up your receipt #, and pull it up, which in turn then pulls up the console serial number.

I'm not sure if best buy practices the collecting of phone numbers after purchases or not but if they did, they could then pull it up via your phone number.

If you paid with cash, then your SOL. unless you could possibly provide them w/ a list of the items you purchased along with the console to try and pinpoint a receipt.

of course Xbox Customer service couldn't give you a serial number if u hadn't registered.

shoulda kept your receipt.

(on a side note you said 'start a lets buy me an xbox fund' not 'lets start a replace my xbox fund.') so i think this whole story is BS. No Offense.