1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I've got a hole the size of £1500!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SEANO69, Jul 10, 2007.

1. SEANO69

SEANO69 Member

I need a new TV, and I've budgeted £1500. Obviously I need HD, and it needs to be as BIG AS HUMANELY POSSIBLE! Can anyone recommend one in that price bracket? Thanks in anticipation, Sean

2. Playr

Playr Regular member

It's more than just about size. Rule of thumb is your viewing distance should be no less than 2 times the diag screen size (i.e. for 50 inch TV you sit no closer than 100 inches from the TV). Now, you fail to mention your perference for any type of monitor. Not sure what L1500 = USD but looks like LCD for you. Let me look up a few of the more popular sets and you can check availability in your area.

3. SEANO69

SEANO69 Member

Great, thanks. As you can see I know very little in this field so any help is greatly appreciated.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm sure you'll get a lot of good recommendations. But before you run off and buy something take the time to go and look at the sets before you make up you mind. Look at the picture quality and the inputs and match that with what you can afford. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!