1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Joining vob files

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by perse365, Jan 24, 2007.

1. perse365

perse365 Member

Hi! I’m a newbie and desperately need some guidance using DVD Shrink.

My situation:
    I have a dvd movie that I want to compress and backup into 1 vob file. Every time I backup the movie, DVD Shrink will rip it into several vob files. Is there a way to set up DVD Shrink so that it will not split up the movie? If not, is it possible to join the vob files without using another software?

2. sfz5

sfz5 Member

Hi. I am a newbie at this as well. I noticed the same thing - DVD Shrink divvying my DVD into multiple VOB files. I couldn't figure out how to join these files without other software, so I used Nero Vision to make a movie. I browse to the VOB directory and click the VOB files I want to add. Nero asks me if I want to merge all files into a single file and I click yes. In order to have a complete movie, I then export it to mp4 format.

Sorry if I gave you the answer you were trying to avoid, but since I am new, I figured maybe somebody would tell me if this was the best way to do it.

3. dkbaked

dkbaked Guest

If you are using Dvd Decrypter to to initially rip your movies, under tools/settings, select Ifo Mode tab, then under options, change the File Splitting tab to none and click ok. Then under Mode, select Ifo and rip your dvd that way. It will then rip your movie as one single .vob file.

I'm not sure if Shrink will burn it as one file type, as I haven't used that method for burning, only to convert to another file type like avi or wmv, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

If backing up with Shrink, go into Preferences and click on the Output Files tab. Uncheck Split VOB files into 1gb size chunks.

5. perse365

perse365 Member

dialysis1 - Thanks a bunch for the help. I tried doing that and it worked! All those long hours of headache and all I had to do was uncheck a little box >_<.

sfz5 and dkbaked - Thanks for trying to help as well. Really appreciate it.

Have a good day, people!

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Glad it worked.