1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP...Just Got My PS3....

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by marlino23, Jun 22, 2007.

1. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

hey, as it says there in the title, i just got a new psp, the firmware version is 1.55. I checked for a network update and said there is update version 1.81, should i upgrade, cuz i f*cked up my psp updating, so i dun wanna do the same for my ps3 lol. One more thing, i want a mission doen in Socom 2 (ps2) and i found game saves on the internet... is there any way i can save them on my ps3 or psp's memory stick. thanks for any help in advance.

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

OK. No matter what you do when updating your PS3, you cannot brick it. You can shut it down during the update and it will simply start over when you turn the system back on.

And if you have the 60 GB model, yes you can save a PS2 game save onto your MS PRO Duo and then transfer it over by putting it into the slot. If you don't got the 60GB model then you can transfer over via USB mode.

3. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

alright, thanks.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I don't think you can, MidnightJ. The PS3 saves ps2 and ps1 saves in .psv format. So even if you transfer them on, they don't work. You have to actually beat the whole game on the ps3, then upload that save for it to work.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

yea ur rite, it cant be done. like the PS2, PS1 games, etc are in another format, and i don;t think there's a converter, so we can't,i just checked.

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

What about that memory card adapter thing? How does that work?