1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Laptop Battery Wont Charge

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Molotov, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Molotov

Molotov Member

I have a laptop and the battery doesnt seem to charge. I'm positive there's something wrong with that thing where you insert the battery charger cord, it's really loose, have any of you ever had the same problem? I took it to Radio Shack and told them the problem and they said they didnt know how much it would cost to fix it, I think he said something like "...(blah blah)...$100+...". should i try to fix it on my own or should i let them fix it? Reply Soon.

2. Sefiroth

Sefiroth Guest

i had a similar prob with my old laptop. My problem was with the power pack, the part with the cord that goes to the bac of the pc. One thing to [bold]never[/bold]do is wind the cord around the pac as it snaps the cable. But as to repairing the connection, it all depends on what type of connection it is, what brand of laptop is it?

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

How old is the battery? They don't last forever. Did the battery seem to charge less everytime for awhile? Or did it just die all at once? If it was the quick way, probably the cord like you said. If it was a slow way, chaging less each time until it wouldn't charge anymore, probably the battery pack.

Jerry

4. Molotov

Molotov Member

I dont think the battery is the problem, it's most likely the hole where you plug the cable in. it's really lose, the only way it charges is if i push it in, and it's not comfortable holding that thing for more than 1 hour.
    No Sefiroth, i never did that to the battery pack, I have a Compaq, but i dont think it matters what brand it is.
    Jerry746, it was over time, and i'm sure it's not the battery, if it is, do you know where i can get a cheap one?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Well from your last post it sounds like the loose plug. The fact that it will charge if you hold it a certain way points to the plug. Check your manufacturer's site for the adapter or just google for laptop power adapters and see if you can find a generic replacement.

Jerry