1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!! Little Black Book and RE2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Mandrell5, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

I have tried ALL methods when trying to burn these movies including DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink (get blue screen of death when using this) Nero won't burn these movies either without adding all the other languages to the movie. So we now have one in Spanish and French but not english. DVD Decrypter works to decrypt the movies but when it goes through DVD Shrink I get a blue screen of death. Just bought a Toshiba burner and it works fine but no movies will burn. I think Columbia Tristar is adding CSS to all their discs. Someone please help walk me through the process because I can't get any of these movies burned. Also DVD Decrypter forum is not taking new members so there is no way to get their codes.

2. mhoover

mhoover Member

I'm sorta having the same problem with Little Black Book. I imported the psl files and it ripped just fine. Even loaded the new Decrypter today. For some reason when I try to backup LBB in shrink, it slowes down my system to a crawl. I can't even hardly browse while encoding which is crazy. This does not happen with any other movie I have backed up. Anyways, at 48% in shrink, it says:

shrink encountered ar error and cannot continue

out of memory

not enough storage available to process this command.

Well my hard drive was pretty full so I backed up and deleted a couple of gigs and I have 384 megs of memory. Not a lot of memory, but I've never had a problem. Anyways, shrink still wouldn't backup LBB. I then threw in Bourne Supremacy and Bruce Almighty, and shrink encoded both of these fast, and I could multi-task in the background. The original of LBB plays fine too.

Thoughts?

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I had problems backing up little black book. Was looking around the forum and came across a resident eviel 2 post that said to download AnyDVD at http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html so I went there downloaed and installed the program. Have it running in the background, then opned up DVD Shrink and it then annilized the disk and the copy worked fine on DVD. Hope that helps.

4. garydv

garydv Member

hey guys just burned little black book and i used the new dvd decrypter to do just the main movie files and then burn with dvd shrink. the new dvd decrypter is the bomb and if it wont work for you try vob blanker i used it to backup resident evil 2 and burned it dvd shrik

5. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

OK!!!! I got RE2 to burn using DVD Idle Pro and was able to use DVD X Copy Xpress at the same time........BUT......Nothing is working for Little Black Book. I have d/l the codes, I have ran both Idle Pro and AnyDVD while running DVD Shrink. I have tried ALL DVD X Copy software. I have tried DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.......to no avail I can not get passed the Blue Screen of Death. It happens halfway through the DVD Shrink compression. I have tried 2 DVD Burners and still no luck. PLEASE........someone, anyone tell me the easiest sure fired way to get this movie to burn without blue screen of death and not getting it to burn. I am desperate and ready to toss the movie out the window.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  6. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

download the new decryptor. it worked for myself and others

7. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

I have it downloaded and used it. I am in the middle of using DVD Shrink. Once DVD Shrink gets the movie compressed what I do from there? Do I use ISO image and burn with DVD Decrypter or do I use Nero?

8. jerryd3

jerryd3 Guest

mhoover....I am having exactly the same thing happen with shrink. It seems to say "not enough memory" when there is 50% encoded.
    Have you figured anything out yet?

9. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

@ mandrell5 and jerryd3

don't really have answer on your question but,

you sholudn't be doing anything else on your computer
    while you are using DVDShrink or DVDDecypter
    it takes about 7gb to 10gb's to do a movie, in
    other word's doing this takes up a hell of a lot of space on you cpu............

this may have some affect on your out come.

i was using dvddecypter one time and i unchecked "delete Image when done" and i could see
    dvd decypter slowing down, and when i played the movie
    it stopped for a few seconds, thats probably where i unchecked the box.

my 2 cents

10. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

Well I FINALLY got Little Black Book to copy. I used the new DVD Decrypter, then DVD Shrink and lastly I used Nero to burn it. Checked it out on my dvd player and viola SUCCESS!!! Thanks for all your guys' help, you have no idea how much I appreciate it. Take care and burn on y'all.

11. mhoover

mhoover Member

jerry,

I was editing out the blank beginning of LBB with shrink, and this seems to be causing my problem. When you rip it with decrypter it puts dummy files in the beginning (blank files) to replace the encryption. Try not editing any of the start of the movie. Either use the new Decrypter which came out yesterday which you won't need to import a PSL file, or use the PSL file off the Decrypter forum to import in the older version. I was using a cut and paste PSL off this forum and it was different. Worked like a charm once I quit cutting out the blank begining of the movie in shrink.

Hope this helps.

12. jerryd3

jerryd3 Guest

I finally had a good burn of RE2. I actually unistalled all IDE devices then let XP find them after re-booting. Then I used the new decrypter, shrink and nero. I did import the PSL into decrypter. I saw it add the dummy files. I only backed up the widescreen version as well. Thanks for all of your help, I will now tackle LBB

13. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Is there a guide for ripping with dvddecrypter? I have only used dvdshrink and can't with little black book. I have the new version of decryper.

14. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

I had real good luck with new dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. You have to run dvd decrypter after it finishes you have to use dvd shrink to reduce the size and save it to your hard drive. Then I used Nero to burn it to a dvd and it works great without flaws.

15. nailedny

nailedny Guest

What are the settings on decrypter to rip?? And do I save it in a file? I always use Shrink to rip and decryper to copy but it won't work.
    Thanks

16. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

I didn't use any settings for decrypter. Just put dvd in and let it do its thing. The new decrypter doesn't need the psl codes.

17. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Sooooooooo, I open decrypter, put in Little Black Book and hit the copy button??? Then what happens and where does it go?
    Thanks

18. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

Put disk in, then open decrypter. Decrypter will do the work for you.

19. nailedny

nailedny Guest

ok, so I put it in, opened decrypter. Had to change the setting under file to READ and clicked decrypt. It is doing it. Not sure what will happen next. Will I have to open shrink. Please explain. Remember I use decrypter to burn.
    Thanks again!!!

20. Mandrell5

Mandrell5 Member

will take awhile to decrypt. After done it has to be save to a file. Open shrink find file and do your thing.