1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help loading backup games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by timeblade, Jan 15, 2007.

1. timeblade

timeblade Member

Is it possible to load a ps2 backup without a modchip, slidecard, or fliptop?

I have:
    ARmax
    Independence exploit installed and working.
    External usb hard drive.
    DVD backups of some games.

I have tried cdloader, and it never loads. Black screen forever.
    I have tried cogswap, but that requires a slidecard or fliptop.

Can I save it to the usb external hd and load the games from that?
    Is there an elf file I can use to load backup games?

2. sinners

sinners Regular member

I assume you have a 'fatty' PS2 becuase you're using the Independence exploit, right?

Well in this case, why don't you make a slide card for cogswap? There's a diagram some where online, I'm sure some here could post it...

[​IMG]

Found it... You can make it out of an old ID card, Library card or credit card. Something hard but thin. But you'll probably wanna take a look a this too: http://www.allmodchip.com/pages.php?pageid=12

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. timeblade

timeblade Member

I dont want to modify my system in anyway. The slidecard require me to remove the front of the cd drive.

I have found a program called usb advaced which lets me load from a usb drive.

Thanks anyway.

4. frostyyy

frostyyy Member

well you can just clip the disc tray cover thing back on anyway

5. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

usb advance is a "free cracked" copy of usb extreme, but a much older version. it doesnt like some hdd's and is only compatible with playing 5-25% of all games so expect ALOT of failures.

if u went and bought a retail copy of usb extreme u MAY have more luck, but apart from a bit more compatibility, i have not heard much good things about it.

the best way is to use a slide card or flip top case or modchip. ur warranty is most likely gone so who cares?

saying stuff like that after someone has gone to the trouble of replying, is only going to make ppl ignore ur post.

removing the front cover and using a slide card is the easiest way to do it and doesnt void warranty (if u care about that type of thing) cos u can just clip the cover back on.

too easy.