1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Magic 3 V7

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dbzbru, Feb 2, 2003.

1. dbzbru

dbzbru Member

I have installed my Magic 3 Flawlessly no bridges its perfect. I can boot ps1 backups but when i go to boot up ps2 backups it goes to the "browser" screen instead of the Red screen than after browser it goes to red...i have chipped several ps2s with magic 3 and all work perfect cept this one please help?

2. dbzbru

dbzbru Member

please help

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

I've got the same exact problem. Sometimes it goes to the browser sometimes it goes to the Red Screen of death.

I've also got the Magic3 v7

4. lady

lady Member

I have exactly the same problem as both of you. I just read that this can be fixed by moving the W wire to the W1 spot, do anybody know about this?? I haven't been able to try it yet.
    have v7 Magic 3.0

5. jr_

jr_ Guest

Well it's sorta like asking someone what's wrong with my car it's broke.

First think I would check is the solder of the ground wire on the PS2 main board. This is soldered to a ground plane and requires more heat to make a joint. I use a higher wattage iron for this junction.

6. lady

lady Member

I had a problem with the ground wire, but it was quite secure when I finished. I will check that though, but have you heard of switching to W1 and it working??

7. jhnbnblzd

jhnbnblzd Guest

i have a v7 with magic 3.1 i used 2 wires for the ground and power points i heard it helps with stability! second the boot method for magic is weird. mine don't boot up like it's suppose to heres what i do to get my games to work and not go to browser or red screen:
    power up ps2 with eject button.
    wait for browser screen to appear (your tray should still be open)insert backup then hit reset...the game should boot. if not try to put in your backup.
    then turn off your ps2 off even from the back for a second, then turn the switch back on then power up with the reset button game should boot if not move the w wire. i didn't have to for my v7 thats with magic 3.1

8. jr_

jr_ Guest

No you shouldn't have to do that jhn....
    It sounds like the reset line to the chip is not working or not connected. The chip quits sending the boot code after about 4 seconds.
    I think from your description this is what you would have to do line was not hooked up or no longer functioned.
    I just put in a new disk and press the reset.