1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP MARIO STRIKERS BRICKED MY WII

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by stpdrpnro, May 26, 2007.

1. stpdrpnro

stpdrpnro Member

not quite. i have a ntsc wii and i was trying to play a pal backup of mario strikers. it did an update and no i cna't acces my wii settings. when i go to settings it brings up an opera like webpage error. i think it may have flahsed my fireware to a european version. all my games work fine i jsut cna't change my settings. i thought about putting in paper mario to get my fireware back but i'd hate to really brick the wii. can anybody help me out??

btw i'm running wiikey

2. jac33au

jac33au Guest

Unless you need to change your settings dont worry about it. Everything else works. I would just wait for nintendo to email you with the next update, select update in the email and then i might be all good. This is all just speculation of course

3. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Hmm, but if its currently with a pal wii's firmware, wouldnt it then just try to get the newest pal firmware? My suggestion, although just speculation as well, would be to try to get ahold of a NTSC game with an update, and hope that it updates it back to the NTSC firmware. This is just speculation, and if you do that, dont get mad at me if it bricks your wii.

4. stpdrpnro

stpdrpnro Member

yea tha'ts the thing i have paper mario which has a ntsc update i'm afrid to use that since it's been known to brick pal wiis. the other thign is that i didn't hae my my network settings set up so i cna't get mail or anything.

5. Menion

Menion Regular member

So mario strikers does an update to huh? thats interesting we should get some type of ongoing thread/list that starts recording what games are doing the updates that way we might be able to possibly save people from potentialy bricking their wii's

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Super Paper Mario wouldn't fix your semi-brick Wii because it has a 2.0U firmware on the game disc. So it would just skip over the update since you more then likely have a 2.2E update now which already should have been updated to 2.2(U) to have prevented this.

Even getting a NTSC(U) Wii game disc with a 2.2U update on it shouldn't work either since you already have been updated to a 2.2 version firmware. You will have to wait till an NTSC(U) game disc comes out with a higher firmware then the 2.2 version. Even then it might not work.

This is odd as well because when users did this with Super Paper Mario they got the Oprea error right when they turned on their Wii. So nothing worked at all it was a full brick.

I am wondering if maybe the Super Paper Mario did an update on the DVD Drive itself this bricking the Wii completely. Where MARIO STRIKERS update was a WII SETTINGS UPDATE keeping the DVD Drive with the same Drive firmware and only partially bricking the Wii.

In any case you will more then likely have to wait till an NTSC(U) game disc comes out with a firmware on it above 2.2(U) to hopefully unbrick the WII SETTINGS PART. I would assume this would work if the game disc has the update on it and your DVD drive will read the game disc. Just Hope and pray another update comes out soon and is placed on a game disc for you to try.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  7. lovecars

lovecars Regular member

No offense i have read all the threads about bricked wii's if you have a pal version why!!!!! would you use a a wii game that is a NTSC disc that has an update by chance that you could brick you wii.

Just curious

8. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

If you truly read, you would know that he doesnt have a pal wii with an NTSC disc, as the game isnt out in NTSC-U yet. Furthermore, not everyone knows it has an update, and they pop it in the system, and presto, magically delicious! It updates, without confirmation from you. Furthermore, until this thread, noone discussed mario strikers having an update.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Theres been a few threads already started that said Maro Strikers has an update. I started 1 with the warning that it did have an update.

But as Drats has said Mario Strikers doesn't come out till another Month here in the USA so that is why allot will play an out of Region game.

10. nooner6

nooner6 Member

I downloaded Mario Striker Charged Football. It said it's NTSC and I have a US WII with updates. I put the game in and I didn't see the animation on the WII game window. So I click on it and it said "Software updating". I quickly removed the game and went back to WII menu. I put in another game in and still working. I guess nothing got updated. May be it is a PAL game afterall eventhough it said NTSC.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@nooner6

There is a NTSC version going around that was patched from the PAL version. The update still will be a PAL region update. All you have to do is make sure your Wii is updated with the newest firmware 2.2U and you will be fine to update it.

I think it is stupid someone would label a game an NTSC game when it has the PAL firmware update on it.

Easy way for others to brick their NTSC Wii when thinking it is an NTSC game disc. But it actually is a PAL game disc patched for play on an NTSC region Wii.

12. nooner6

nooner6 Member

Thanks LarryLie. I must've the PAL patched version of the game. After stopping the game from updating, I turned on connect24 to update with the latest. After a few seconds, Connect24 told me that I already have the latest updates. Does that mean it's safe to play the game and let it update whatever it's doing and shouldn't brick my WII? May be I should wait until the US version of the game.

13. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

wait, with region override on and the updaate at 2.2U, it still BRICKED????? but i been hearing form MANY it works..i was just about to try as well, aw now im scared..i have 2.2 U wiikey and region override, burnt pal mario at 4x...um...

14. nooner6

nooner6 Member

My didn't brick. I think I stopped it in time before update. It still works just like before. I am not sure if it's safe for me to play this game even though I have all of the latest updates with the latest WIID as well.

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is fine to update it as long as you have the 2.2U firmware already on your NTSC(U) Wii.

The problem with labeling a patched version of the PAL Mario strikers to NTSC is that the PAL Region Firmware update is still on it.

So those who only play NTSC(U) games on their NTSC(U) Wii units would have no idea that it had the PAL firmware update on it since it is labeled NTSC Mario Strikers.

I reported the torrent to the Mods who knows if they will take it down. They defiantly should since there has been numerous NTSC Wii owners that have bricked their Wii Settings already by it being mislabeled.

@BrokexMan

As long as you have your Wii updated to the 2.2U firmware you can play the Game. It will start the update but will notice you already have the latest firmware installed so it will actually skip the update.

If people would just keep their Wii updated with the latest firmware at all times then they would have nothing to worry about in the first place.

16. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

aw thanks man, i think ur the guy on black torrent lol xD
    did u get mortal yet?? im still dling mario!!! taking me 1 full day!!!!
    dang it!!! maybe i should open my port

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go to the link below and learn how to get your speed faster by opening ports and forwarding them and letting them through your firewall of your router. It has a nice data base of routers so if yours is listed it will give you a step by step guide of what to do.

http://portforward.com/default.htm

18. speedi

speedi Member

Just Great
    I have a NTSC US Wii
    I Used the Vortex Release of Power Strikers Supercharged.
    Then It Updated the Wii. And I got the opera Screen.

What Can I do Now.. Using Cyclowiz. 3.0
    I can't get another Wii is there a way to ficx this

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@speedi

This is the first I have heard of a complete brick with the NTSC Vortex or any PAL version of Mario Strikers.

Most users only had a semi-brick of their Wii. It had bricked the Wii system settings but games could still be played.

If your getting the Opera browser error when turning on the Wii then more them likely it is completely bricked and at this time there is no fix.

This is another example why you should always keep your Wii up to date with the newest firmware. If it was updated you wouldn't have had this problem.

Granted you downloaded a NTSC version of the game that was patched from PAL. Can I ask what site it was that you downloaded it from?

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  20. stpdrpnro

stpdrpnro Member

yea my wii is a semi brick i guess. i popped in the paper mario disc to see what would happen and the game worked fine and din't do any type of update. so now that leads me to ask if you have a pal wii with the latest updates will paper mario still brick it? if so why wasn't mine complely bricked??
    also when i put in my wiikey the menu says us region system if the uk strikers flashed me to the uk fireware shodln't it say uk ?