1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME ABOUT BURNING

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xtclovaa, Jun 16, 2007.

1. xtclovaa

xtclovaa Member

i copieddd a playstation 2 game onto my computer.using dvd encryter. when it was finished it copied to files
    ONE was a .ISO and the other was a .MDS file.
    now i tried 2 burn the .ISO file but the program automatically tells you that u were meant to choose the .MDS file and it does it for u...but then the MDS file is 2 big to fit on the dvd disc..
    WHAT FILE DO I USE>>SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

What game is it? Also do you have a modchip? also, what discs are you burning it to? Make sure you burn it to quallity media. Like Verbatim or Sony DVD-R.

If the game is too big to fit on a DVD-R make sure you rebuild it.

3. schweet

schweet Guest

Yeah it sounds like the orignal source was from a dual-layer disc.

First try rebuilding with gnies expert tool, and if that doesn't work use toxic dual-layer patch and burn to a dl dvd.

If your chip supports dl discs (like a DMS4 or a Matrix Infinity) you don't need to use the toxic patch, just burn to a dl dvd and away you go (although you will need a dl burner to do this).

4. xtclovaa

xtclovaa Member

the game is;
    GOD OF WAR 2 for playstation 2..

can someone give me step by sep instructions im a newbie to this all..im usinggg imation dvd+r disc'z and i hava sony dvd burner

please help me

5. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

God of War 2 is on a dual-layer DVD, thus it will not fit on a standard DVD. Either buy a DVD+/-R DL disc (if your burner is capable of dual-layer burning) or rebuild the game so that it fits on a standard DVD. See the sticky thread on the top of this forum on how to rebuild GoW2.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  6. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

And DO NOT use imation discs. Use something like Sony DVD-Rs and Verbatim DVD-Rs. Works liek a chram!

7. pablo_jre

pablo_jre Member

I have had no problems with Maxtor DVDs. Dont use KODAK ones, for some reason if the game is over 3 gigs, the PS2 won't read the Lodak DVDs