1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME!!!! ANYONE! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by MrFixit, May 14, 2003.

1. TReX2003

TReX2003 Member

If u hav good reasons for havin ur ps2 sent of to be chipped and u hav proof that the ps2 is urs then there should be no reason the law wont be on ur side.

"possention is 9/10s of the law" rite?

2. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

I still have the original box that I bought my PS2 in and possibly the receipt. Is there information on the box or receipt that can prove that the PS2 is mine?

3. TReX2003

TReX2003 Member

Is the Serial Number on the box and or reciept? Mayb stores only get certain numbers and he would of had to go to where u live to get it? If u hav any proof like i said i dont see why u cant get him.

do u hav his email address as i know a few people who might be able do sumtin?

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

Two weeks ago, I sent www.banditbackups.com until June 2nd, 2003 to send my PS2 back to me or else I will file a report against them. June 2nd is this Monday. As the deadline approaches, FINALLY, after 2 weeks of silence, he responded back to me saying that he will send my PS2 ON June 2nd.

...I'll believe it when I see it...

5. TReX2003

TReX2003 Member

lol do u hav his email?

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well now you've GOT proof that he has actually got the unit - just be careful that he doesn't come back with 'I sent it via blahblah on such a such a date' - and you don't receive it.

Really he should send it insured/registered or at least proof of that he has sent it.

Anyway it seems like you may have got a result - let us know of the outcome.

BTW - Check it out BEFORE the courier leaves, as he may have doctored it (ie knackered/put in a dodgy laser) - I believe then it is criminal damage - hello Mr policeman would you like to know..........about a cowboy!

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Have you got receipt of postage and did you send it by recorded? Also, is the company registered as a company, or is it operating illegaly? Find out its registered business number, every company MUST have one.

Never send anything to an unregistered company

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

you bet I do. He emailed asking if sending my PS2 on June 2nd was okay or that I was going to file my suit. I told him it was fine. He has been emailing every day now, which is quite odd since he hasn't emailed me in months.

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Where is it then............?

He's calling your bluff if you haven't received it yet - do the deed.

He may also be reading this thread quite regularly, and thinking your not going to file the suit - Do it man, do it now - and maybe try the darthnip suggestion.

Hope you get there m8..

10. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

He said he sent it via the U.S. Postal Service through priority mail. Usually that would ship in 2 or 3 days. It's been 12 days since he said he sent it and it still hasn't arrived.

For a second, I was actually believing he finally did the right thing and sent it to me. I guess I was wrong.

I was hoping that I didn't have to file the suit, but I'm going to contact the post office and see what info they can give me. Then I'll start getting the report together.

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well as I am in the uk, if I had sent it via a certain carrier then I would have a reference number to qualify it, it seems he has not provided this to you - therefore I think he is reading this thread and not taking your suggestions seriously.

Pull out the hardstops now, but keep it to yourself exactly what you are going to do.

no need for you to wait this long for ANYONE to return you your rightfully owned property.

You have my support anyway, and I shall help in anyway I can....... good luck....

12. SPITTA

SPITTA Guest

I am sorry to hear about your troubles, however a thought just came to me. Did you pay the guy in cash or by creit card. If you paid by the latter method you may be able to approach your credit card company??. As a man of the law i would not suggest getting a Lawyer involved. I am from the U.K. and to send a letter on your behalf would cost around 75 GBP plus VAT. And remember if he replies to the Lawyers letter then your looking at another 75 GBP plus VAT, thats about $145 USD. Have a word if you can with your Credit Card Company. Kind regards

13. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

I paid him via a money order. I emailed him asking about what the tracking # of the package is and he said that he didn't get one.

14. SPITTA

SPITTA Guest

Then Mr fixit he has entered into a contract which is called 'An invitation to treat'. Briefly this means you asked him to do a job, agreed a price, and the work should have been carried out. You are in a stronger position than i first thought. Because you paid by Money Order you have a "Trackable" way to prove he has been paid. Understand though i am NOT grounded in U.S. Law but as previous contributors have said retain all E-mail and correspondence. My final thought however is this, bearing in mind the cost of a new PS2 and Mod Chip are you really going to find it is viable to persue this individual ??. I wish you luck, kind regards.

15. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

mrfixit - i think at this point it aint about the money, it's the whole point of the thing. it might cost you more than the PS2itself to resolve this, but i know how i would be. the money wouldn't matter anymore, i'd spend $2000 teaching that bastard a lesson over a $200 PS2 just because of all that has happened. think of the next poor soul this guy rips off, you could end his crap right here, to me thats worth any cost. good luck man, keep us posted.

16. dotankui

dotankui Member

hi mrfixit

have to agree with fellow member's comments..money, although it would be nice to have the cash back in your wallet (or your ps2 back in your hands) does not make up for the fact u have been taken for a ride. it is about the priciple of the matter now!

Set the law on his ass and let him send u e-mails from jail. because of your tireless efforts to get what is rightfully yours back I have now set up a legal defense fund in your honour it has the snappy slogan of: "fix it for MrFixit." lol.

please excuse the joke, i only jest in a friendly way. but again set the law on him and get your ps2 back (or cash alternative).

keep us posted.

17. SPITTA

SPITTA Guest

Hi Guy's

Yes i totally agree with all your comment's, i was playing Devils Advocate. Personally i would persue him however my advice and knowledge would come free of charge. Please do not be offended by what i previously said, i was only trying to help.

18. krakkrak

krakkrak Member

Time to put the miserable, PS2-thievin' cockroach deep in the hurt locker.

Depending on how he advertised, this is probably covered under wire fraud or mail fraud.
    http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1343.html

You might also find these links useful:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
    http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fraud/Internet.htm#Internet Fraud Initiative
    You might also try giving the police department a call (the police in his area, not yours).

Wanna be a really vengeful mo'fo'? Then turn him in to Sony or the Interactive Digital Software Association. http://www.us.playstation.com/news/PressReleases/415014871.asp
    If they ask you what the hell you were doing modding your PS2, just say you didn't know it was illegal and you wish you never heard of mod chips. That should get you off the hook with Sony.

Finally, you might try a simple e-mail, such as:

"Your ***hole before prison --> o
    Your ***hole after prison --> O
    You will send my PS2 back in tip top shape within a week. Are we clear on this?"

Hmmmm... If you paid him with a money order, you must have a receipt for it, right? Simply ask whoever issued the money order for verification it was cashed. There is your proof of payment.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2003
  19. mhoope02

mhoope02 Member

Any update on this? Interesting thread

20. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help...I'll keep ya posted...it is now July 23rd...I sent him my PS2 in February...

...I went to the library yesterday and printed out all the emails that he and I sent to each other. Unfortunately, some of the 'business details' were done via Instant Messages, so I don't have copies of them.

God, I've never had so much hatred for one person. He's such a cocky bastard and I found his profile on AOL and one of his hobbies is "hustling'. I saw his picture, too. I should print it out and pin it to my dart board. He's an ugly lil' college punk.