1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME Black Screen

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MSK90, Dec 29, 2011.

1. MSK90

MSK90 Member

Hi. Everytime i power on my Desktop HP computer, it goes black screen. I cant even see it boot or startup. No beeps or anything, monitor is orange (standby)and doesnt turn green at all. I have tryid 2 monitors, one which i got when i bought the pc, 2nd is my flatscreen with both HDMI and normal blue monitor cable, neither works. all cables is plugged in correctly. I have tryid to put recovery CD in it, but that didnt seem to help alot.
    I have a Windows 7 disc ready to Reinstall the whole PC, but i cant see the screen at all! :( Please advice

2. MSK90

MSK90 Member

Lige pludselig ud af den blå luft tændte skærmen, og jeg det er lykkedes mig at sætte Windows 7 igang. Tak for eventuelle mennesker der var ved at skrive :D

3. hearme0

hearme0 Member

I can tell you with almost definitive certainty........your video out is DEAD. If you have onboard video then you'll need to get a video card (PCI-E, PCI, AGP)or replace the MOBO and if you are fortunate enough to have an existing separate video card then simply replace.

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

If it does not POST then you may have a problem that may or not be video related.

Did it try to load the recovery disk? Can you hear the hard drive go through the motions when booting?

Jeff

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try another psu as maybe current psu is not sending out the 5 volts that the motherboard needs which is why no beeps & picture.