1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me burn games please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lilnicka, Mar 31, 2005.

1. lilnicka

lilnicka Member

i have installed a chip into my ps2, i dont no anything about burning games and stuff so, what is the best program for burning ps2 games? what type of dvd's do i need 2 burn games? thank you

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Well first download dvddecrypter which can be found in the download section of this site. When you have installed it just click Mode - Iso - Read. And then when it;s done click Mode - Iso _ Write.
    I personally would reccomend using dvd-r. Try getting a good brand to e.g. Ritek, Verbatim, Maxell. As ps2 does not like cheap media most of the time but some people get lucky and it works fine for them.

3. lilnicka

lilnicka Member

thanks for that, so what size do the disks have to be? and insted of getting the game then burning it, can you download it form the internet then put it 2 disk?? thanks again

4. lilnicka

lilnicka Member

and what exactly does dvd decrypter do? does it load the game onto the computer then u put in a blank disc and burn it? or do i need another program to actually burn the games?

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Well downloading games from the internet is illegal. But you can search the forums if you are still going to do it. All dvd are the same size around 4.7Gb except for expensive dual layer ones which you won't really need.

6. lilnicka

lilnicka Member

sorry to keep bothering you, im new soooo, what does dvd decrypter do? i dont really understand what it does, and do i need another burning program or is dvd decrypter 1 of those programs? sorry

7. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Yes dvd decrypter is a burning program and one of the best ones around.

8. lilnicka

lilnicka Member

ok thanks for all your help, but can u just take me through the steps of how 2 burn games, i dont wana stuff it up dats all, so if u could post the instructions and steps dat would be great (like wat 2 clik wen it opens etc.). thanks again

9. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Its very simple but here we go.
    Open dvd decrypter.
    Insert your game.
    Click mode at the top and then iso read
    [​IMG]
    From the destination box, you have to select a filename and directory where to store the ISO image the DVD Decrypter will create for you. This directory has to have at least the same amount of free space as the DVD's size is.
    [​IMG]
    Then click to save to your hardrive
    [​IMG]

When thats done put a blank dvd into your burner
    Then click on mode iso write
    [​IMG]
    Now you need to select the image file from the harddrive. Click the source filename in DVD Decrypter's window and it pops up a file dialog. Select the .mds file to burn.
    Then click to burn to your disc.
    [​IMG]

10. lilnicka

lilnicka Member

thanks for all ur help mate