1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose my new set ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BobbyBlu, Jan 9, 2007.

1. BobbyBlu

BobbyBlu Guest

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Whats the lighting like in the viewing room?..

The projection will appear more washed out under bright light enviroment then the LCD...You need to decide which is more important to you...
    size vs clarity?..

My Brother has the Sony in a High Light Enviroment picture looks great...I am going to his place this weekend...will take some pictures to show you...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  3. BobbyBlu

BobbyBlu Guest

Its going to be in my living room alot of light during the day but im a nightwalker so my blinds stay closed.Also i dont think light going to be a major play because i work at night so most of the time im watching a movie or playing PS3 its on the weekend at night.Thxs for the reply.

Clarity 100% plus 46inch is big to me anyway.Please do take the pics so i can see them.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

To pick a TV there are a few things to consider.

1) Room environment (which TV type will work best)

a. Lighting conditions while watching TV

b. Distance from the primary viewing position (Screen size)

c. The position of the primary viewing position to the center of the screen

d. Where will the tv be placed (wall, stand, entertainment center, ect...)

2) Source material

a. What will you be watching (Analog-TV, DVD, HDTV, Video Games, ect...)

b. What is your source (OTA antenna, Cable, or Satellite)

3) Budget

a. What features are important to you? (what do you like about your current system?)

b. Do you have or want a sound system (Stereo or Surround Sound?)

c. Better cables equal better performance (Do you demand the absolute be for your money)

----------------------------------------

Both TVs are nice sets but for the money I would go with Sony's KDS-60A2000 instead of the KDS-R60XBR2. Its the same tv without the fancy silver border for about half the price. Blu-Ray will look good on both sets although the larger the screen the more you will benefit from the Blu-Ray movies 1080p resolution.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  5. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I really like the Sony XBR2.......can't afford it though. The XBR2 is Sony's top of the line rear-projection TV. How far away will you be sitting from the TV ?

I have an A2000 Sony 55 inch, just the right size for my Family Room. Anything bigger would be too much.

6. BobbyBlu

BobbyBlu Guest

12 to 13 feet thats how far i will be sitting but what about views from the side i hear that rear-projection is very hard to see from the side does the A2000 Sony 60inch has this problem?

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

It depends on how far on the side you are and at what relation to the middle of the screen. If you are sitting down and your eyes are about center then moving left or right from center about 45 degrees will no be a problem. But sitting below or standing above the center of the screen is when you will have problems.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2007
  8. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I have no problems viewing it at an angle. Sometimes I'll be watching something, then go to the kitchen & still can see everything clear.

You want to go into a store & see the TV's your self. With your own eyes.

9. Molder

Molder Regular member