1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose! ps2+HDadvance v.s Pstwo+swapmagic.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by omni7, Jan 26, 2005.

1. omni7

omni7 Member

is near impossible to get a new ps2, so i might have to buy a old ps2 on ebay, easy victim for DRE. So far these 2 options are tormenting me.

1) PS2 + HDadvance + harddrive:
    roughly 200, ps2 is used.

2) the sexy psTWO + dvd external burner + swapmagic
    pstwo is new and dre free, roughly 250 dollars, there seem to be alot of trouble with burning and swapping, judging from these forums.

which one should i pick?

2. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

i personaly would choose both. the hardrive is a brill option and does not ware out your ps2 laser. get an old model ps2 and use the swap magic disc to load backup if you ever need to.

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

this is easy.

If you can get a older ps2 for a good price then get it. Get a hdd, get hdadvance and call it a day.

I wouldnt touch the new pstwo. It is too unstable. Plus an older PS2 laser can be replaced cheap enough and you dont have to worry about other problems.

4. lasik02

lasik02 Member

I would personally opt for an older model of the trusted PS2 and use HD Advance, saves time and also swapping disks, if you can afford the difference in price then definately go fo it, I personally use swap magic which I purchased from http://www.consolegadgets4u.com but after playing on a friends machine using hd advance I knew what a mistake I'd made, any way I'm saving up for a package that consolegadgets4u sells which includes a fully loaded hard drive, can't wait to get my hands on one.