1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me connect my PSP to my D-Link DI-524 Wierless Router

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by luvics, Mar 10, 2007.

1. luvics

luvics Member

I've done the "infrastructure" mode, set up my connection ans scanned for my Wireless router (which it finds) and set everything "automatic".

It gets to "obtaining IP address" but responds with "A connection error has occured. The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out".

Can anyone help? Do I need to go to my router settings and change something?

Many thanks.

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

There is probably some security thing that prevents people on getting your IP Address, reason being, well most hackers know that if you have someones IP address you can easily hack there computer and view stuff there viewing and what not. I myself aren't that kind of a hacker or a hacker all together, but thats why its doing that. Theres probably a way to disable it. I'm not sure since i don't have a router.

3. spcialFX

spcialFX Member

Yeah dude!I had the same problem,with your router you have a password right!?!Well not all wireless things recognise the password you have selected HOWEVER the encrypted version of your password will,so when you enter your WEP digits enter the encrypted version and all will be revealed!

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

yeah i had the same problem for a split second...you have to input your ip address manually when your configuring your internet settings and some encryption like stated above with letters and numbers

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007