1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME!! DVD BURNING!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bazza76d, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Bazza76d

Bazza76d Member

Please HELP!! I am brand new to this so bear with me! I purchased a Ricoh MP5240A DVD Burner recently. Ok now I downloaded AnyDVD which works great I also downloaded DVD Shrink and I am using B's Recorder GOld 5 to try and burn! This is where my probs start. I used DVD shrink to shrink a DVD which worked well. I made a new folder and backed up to that folder. After backup there was 17 seperate icons within this folder! All obviously important!! So I selected all and burnt them all to a DVD+R. When I put in my DVD player it said this disc cannot be played. Then I opened it on the computer and it opened the disc and showed all 17 icons. Can someone please let me know it it was burnt right or not!! I will answer any questions anyone may have to assist me!!! Thanx.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Bazza76d, I never used B's Recorder gold so I'm not sure how it sets upto record Video. I use Nero 6. When you select to burn a dvd Video with Nero, it automatically makes 2 files for you to start with. AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Then you just select all the backup files Shrink created and place them INSIDE the VIDEO_TS folder and click burn. Does your GOLD make these folders? Jerry

3. Bazza76d

Bazza76d Member

Jerry, Thanx for replying to quick. Well I am not entirely sure what you mean but when I opened DVD shrink is asked for target folder so I made a new one in my documents. I backed up to that new folder. Inside there was 17 icons with names like; VIDEO TS VOB FILE 542KB,
    VTS 01 0 DVD NAVIGATION FILE 72KB, VTS 01 2 WOB FILE 1,048,574KB ETC ETC. There is 17 in total all similar in title. I dragged all 17 to the burn mode and burnt to DVD. Do these files sound right or not?? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You are fine on the Shrink part. Does B's gold have a DVD video record part? Like I said I never used it. What might be easier is for you to Download a program called BURNATONCE. It is free and designed to work well with Shrink. It is similar to Nero that I have. It will create those 2 folders I mentioned before. Then just select all your backup folders shrink made for you and drag them INTO the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder is empty but needs to be there for proper dvd playback. There should be a guide and download site on here for BURNATONCE. Jerry

5. Bazza76d

Bazza76d Member

Jerry where would I look/find the B's Gold DVD video record part? I have Nero 5 program on my computer! I guess the biggest problem I have is making sure the DVD shrick places the files into the Video Ts folder. would you agree with that??

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Not sure where it would be since I don't have it. I think you need Nero 5.5 to have the Video section I'm talking about. Try that BURNATONCE download. Its about the same. Yes the main thing is to get those Shrink files in the right folder before burning. Then you should be OK. If you can't find burnatonce here, just do a search for it, it should come up. Another good help site for information is www.dvdrhelp.com Jerry

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  7. Bazza76d

Bazza76d Member

cheers I found that program. But how do I get the folders titled video_ts and audio_ts?? Are they automatically created if so how??
    Sorry for being a pain!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

In Nero and BURNATONCE they are made automatically for you. Thats whats nice about it. Jerry

9. Bazza76d

Bazza76d Member

Cheers mate downloading nero 6 now. Would it make any difference what dvd's im using?? I have DVD+R made by TDK??

10. Bazza76d

Bazza76d Member

Ok just quickly. I load Nero 6 which creates the two new folders? Where are they created? Then I open DVD shrink and use the video_ts folder as my target location to back up the DVD. Then after that's complete open Nero 6 and copy the files from the video_ts folder and add them and then burn. That sound about right??

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

1st thing use shrink to decrypt and save to your hard drive (what ever folder you choose). Just remember where they are. When thats done, open Nero (part that says make video dvd).You should get a window that shows the 2 folders I mentioned. Then I think to the right side is a button that says add files. Click and browse to the location where shrink saved your backed up movie. Select all those files and add them INSIDE the VIDEO_TS folder. Make sure they are inside and not just below the folder.With Nero, if you get the files inside the folder right, you get a little musical note icon along each file. Then just click burn. Jerry

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  12. Bazza76d

Bazza76d Member

Jerry, Your a champion it worked.I used DVD shrink saved in my documents opened Nero 6 added to Video_ts and presto a DVD. Thanx so much for your assistance much appreciated.
    Barry

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Bazza76d, Glad I could help. Thats what this forum is all about. Great bunch of guys & gals here. They helped me when I started out. Good luck
    Jerry