1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me get started backing xbox 360.... please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by thaddb, Nov 12, 2007.

1. thaddb

thaddb Member

Hi I'm new here, I recently figured out how to back up my movies that I own thanks to all of your guides and such, I am ready to graduate to backing up my owned xbox 360 games, but I dont want to mod my box, I'm kind of overwhelmed with the options, I really need the easiest way since I am really new to all of this (I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for my movie backups that I own.. very easy), I know all the info is here somewhere,I am having a hard time finding the newest advice, I hate to be that guy making yall repeat yourselves I just need to be pointed in the right direction- Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Looks at the bold threads at the top. They have a mod/hack FAQ's and a back up tutorial. You can not play back up discs without modding your system. Flashing the DVD drive is the most common way.

To back up original discs the easiest way is buying a Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive for you PC from Ebay that is flashed with Kreon firmware.

3. thaddb

thaddb Member

Can someone with my limited knowledge base safely Mod an xbox 360 to play backup copies of games I already own?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Most likely yes. Figure most people who modded their systems did not know what they were doing. It was a new process for a new system, no one had done it before that time.

And you really have no choice. If you want to play backups you will either have to mod it yourself or find someone you trust and pay them to do it.