1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me get started

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by drwecki, Nov 21, 2004.

1. drwecki

drwecki Member

OK, I want to get started modding my xbox

1) I don't want to sodder
    2) I don't really want to hook it up to my slow ass computer, but I want to hook it up to flash memory stick with shit I get from my fast work computer
    3) I want to back up my games
    4) I want to back up my games to both disk and my hard drive, which I am going to enlarge

what programs do I need

what chip will meet my needs? I think I've seen some chips with flash or usb connections, amd I crazy

2. tingchao

tingchao Guest

use x2.6 to mod your xbox.
    you can do everything for your xbox.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I agree Xecuter V2.6 or Xecuter 3 are some pretty tight chips.They definately have alot of support teamxecuter.The first thing you need to do is put a bios on the system.Then install a dashboard to your system (Evox,Avalaunch etc...),using a patch cable for router or crossover cable directly to your computer.You should be able to then transfer images an more.The first thing to do is pick out your modchip which is something left up to you.The best way to choose a mod though is to look at all its features and compare them with other well known modchips.

4. drwecki

drwecki Member

I like the xenium ice, it comes with the os bios on it, not a dashbord, plus it is solderless. and they have a manual for it too, that basically helps me get to the point where I have to put on dashboards, and programs. What programs do I need to 1) backup my xbox games to hard cd's, 2) back up my xbox games to the hard drive, and play them. Is that what the dashboard does? or do I then use the dashboard to add additional stuff?

5. drwecki

drwecki Member

email me off list at drwecki@yahoo.com if necessary.

Doc

6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

a couple of files u will need are:
    Qwix
    Flash FXP
    dummyfile.exe
    PX-HDD
    NERO 6
    (just go on the channel xbins with mIRC)
    if you dont know how to do that there is lots of tutorials for using mIRC.