1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME - I cannot get any ISO's to run on my PSP.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Pnknjnk, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

Alright, I am brand new to the PSP piracy scene, but I am seasoned in the handheld scene, since the beginning of GBA piracy.

I'm having a lot of trouble. I updated the firmware to Dark_aleX's
    3.40 OE-A, and was told on another forum that all I needed to do was copy the ISO's to the game folder of the memory stick. However, my PSP does not recognize these files like it did the firmware updaters. I've tried a number of different experiments, but no matter what I do, it won't read the plain ISO. I've toyed with the menu you get from holding the shoulder buttons at start, but I'm pretty sure I have the default settings. I've tried reflashing it already, and it did not help me solve this problem.

What do I need to do to begin running ISO files from my PSP? This is very urgent, I'd like to have this running in a few hours, before a looong trip.

2. sabba25

sabba25 Member

NOT the game folder, you need to dump them in the ISO folder.
    Once your up on your custom firmware and you format the memory stick it makes these folders (GAME150 GAME340 etc etc)
    Then the gem will show up on your PSP under the GAME menu and then memory stick.

3. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

That worked, but I can only load 2 games of the ones I've gotten - Lemmings and THUG2R.

Other games fail to load, either they black screen, or it just the game couldn't be loaded, or something like that.
    The games I've tried are megaman X, Megaman Powered Up, ValhallaKnights, Worms Open Warfare, and a few others.

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

make sure you have a game or game demo umd disc inserted into your umd tray and also make sure you have no-umd disabled

5. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

I have... a movie. That probobly won't work, huh? Looks like I need to go pick up a 5 dollar copy of lumines. XD

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

yeah unfortunately movies dont work, you need a game or game demo. I know, it sucks lolol

7. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

damnit. Well, thanks for the prompt reply.
    I'll be back here if I have any further issues after I purchase a game, or get a demo, if I have further problems.

Just out of curiousity - with 3.40 OE-A, what will the actual ISO compatability be? Are there any games that just don't work?

8. staxx

staxx Regular member

i havent used 3.40 oe-a but all of the iso's and cso's should be compatible. Some games you might experience some sort of lag (usually the bigger sized games) but you can usually fix this by speeding up the cpu speed in recovery to 333.

9. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

awesome, thank you. You seem to know alot about this.

Could you provide any info on how POPstation works? I don't quite understand what I need to do to use it, or where to get the newest version.