1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me if u can

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by wickedme, Sep 15, 2004.

1. wickedme

wickedme Member

Ok what I'am trying to do is burn 3 differnt cds.
    its a game which when im installing i put in disk1 and it does its thing and then its asks for disk 2 well i burned disk 2 but it does not recognize it as being disk 2 im not exactly sure if there is a way aruond it or what? is there a way i can just put it on my hard drive and install it that way if u know anything let me know
    thanks allot
    Mike

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Are you trying to use copies that you made and if so what method did you use to copy them?

3. killalot

killalot Active member

If you have backed up your game to a cdr when you put the game in the game will check the disk and if it see"s it as a cdr it wont play your get the error not found insert correct disk something like that it says the way round it is either put the disk in your dvd rom a dvd rom cant do a cdr check it aint a cdrw burner if you aint got one use clone cd and use the option hide cdr you can burn it as a image and mount it to a virture cd rom which is the best option..

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If your original game was protected (Scan it with ClonyXXL or A-Ray Scanner to check and identify it) you're in big trouble trying to make it run on a backup CD.
    You will need a special software (like Alcohol 120% or CloneCD) AND, [bold]depending on the type of protection used [/bold], a very good CD-Unit (which is able to read/write P-Q or P-W subchannels data and NOT only the 2352 bytes/sector which form the .BIN/.CUE layout with high precision, to read illegal TOCs, to write DAO 16 or DAO 96)
    More, often only one CD of the set (again: identify which one(s) is/are) is protected so maybe you have to use those special things only for one CD so some copies you have already done can be saved instead of throwing them in the garbage can.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004