1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me..im just a stupid girly :-)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bexoco, May 15, 2003.

1. bexoco

bexoco Member

I want to play Suikoden 3.
    I live in a PAL region
    I imported it and bought swap magic + flip top lid, this didn't work.
    I used a program called CDloader - didn't work.
    Bought an action replay - needless to say...it didn't work.
    Ive spent $200 trying to play this game now (inc. game). Should i just resign myself to having a chip installed / buying an NTSC playstaion.

Im only a girly so try not to be too technical with me.

Any hints? Thanks in advance

Becky

2. marvin378

marvin378 Member

From best I can tell, this is a color out put thing. When the discs say that they play imports, they generally are speaking of playing Japanese NTSC games on US NTSC systems and I suppose vice versa. As far as I know you would need to get your system chipped, and have them do the color fix while they are in there. This would make all of the games put in there come out in the proper color. I'm pretty sure this is how it works. If I am wrong, there are many good people here who can help. Oh, and never discredit yourself with being a girly and thus technically unskilled. It's quite the opposite in my house.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Is the game a DVD or CD?

For either you need to use the AR2 and the Swipe Card or flip top to get it to work. For CD just a simple swap BUT for DVD you need to double swap.

The Swap Magic discs are only NTSC compatible I think, so try to return it/sell it.

You have to have the correct version of AR2 (but I think you are okay because I haven't heard of any problems with AR2)

Try both of these tutorials first. Read them carefully.

PS2 without modchip, using GS/AR/Swap Magic with Swipe/Slide Card or Flip Top, PS2 CD backup booting

1. Have AR/GS dongle in a memory card slot
    2. Power on your PS2
    3. Insert AR/GS disc
    4. At the AR/GS menu, select Start Game, With or Without codes
    5. Use Swipe/Slide Card to open PS2 tray or Flip Top
    6. Swap/Insert your PS2 CD backup
    7. Use Swipe/Slide Card to close PS2 tray or close Flip Top then press X
    8. Screen will change and game will now boot

* Note - For Swap Magic just insert the CD boot disc, press Reset and when "Insert Disc" is shown on screen proceed from step 5.

*Important* You have to have the correct version of AR/GS in order to boot backups

PS2 without modchip, Using GS/AR/Swap Magic with Swipe/Slide Card or Flip Top, PS2 DVD backup booting

1. Have AR/GS dongle in a memory card slot
    2. Power on your PS2
    3. Insert AR/GS disc, press Reset
    4. At the AR2/GS2 menu, press EJECT
    5. Swap AR/GS disc for an Original-TOC-DVD* and wait 10 seconds
    6. Select "AR/GS Codes"
    7. Highlight "Add new code" and press X to get to the next screen
    8. Press X three times. You will see "Updating code list please wait" each time)
    9. Press "Start" on controller
    10. Select "Without codes", press X
    11. Press X again, you will see "Updating code list please wait"
    12. You will hear Original DVD stop spinning
    13. You will have about 10 seconds to do the following 2 steps
    14. Immediately after disc stops spinning use Swipe/Slide Card to open PS2 tray or Flip Top
    15. Use Swipe/Slide Card to close PS2 tray or close Flip Top then press X
    16. Screen will change and game will now boot

* Note - "Original-TOC-DVD" is an original DVD that is a larger file size than the backup

* Note - For a shortcut make a few “Add new codes”, or use any title you know you don’t need (you can always reset the dongle) and after step 6 just highlight one of the “newly” added codes or unnecessary ones and press square to delete it, then proceed on with step 9

* Note - For Swap Magic just insert the DVD boot disc, press Reset and when "Insert Disc" is shown on screen use Swipe/Slide Card for swap and follow on screen directions.

*Important* You have to have the correct version of AR/GS in order to boot backups _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]Please use the Search function http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/ before posting or refer to my Tutorial http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105[/bold][/small]

Last edited: May 15, 2003