1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME, I'M NEWBIE !

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hakoleon, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Hakoleon

Hakoleon Member

I HAVE BUNCH OF QUESTIONS TO ASK AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ THE HOLE OLD THINGS:
    - I MODCHIPPED MY SCPH 70012 PS2 and now IT CAN PLAY SMOOTHLY PS2 CD or DVD BUT NOT PS1 CD ? IT CAN PLAY PS2 CD-ROM, OKAY ? CAN ANYONE TELL MY HOW TO SOLVE (TO PLAY PS1)? I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SOLDERING CHIP WAS MINE ! HOW TO KNOW (i don't wanna open it out).
    - Is it true that every disc MUST have a SYSTEM.CNF to boot. I burned an HOMEBREW on PS2DEV but it only show up the "PlayStation2" and then it can't read it. But I burned the COGSWAP exploit and it install properly.
    - The CDGENPS2 utility make a CUE file that can't not be read by my Nero 6 (OEM Version shipped with LG CD-Rewriter).
    - Can I buy a PS2 HDD and Install it ? (70012)
    - Can I use a USB Flash Drive instead of a HDD or a MemCard ?
    - How can they split a DVD game to a CD game ? (I had a backup CD version of Harvest Moon and it runs properly).
    HELP !!!

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Some chips boot ps1 games differently.

For DMS3, hold square when booting.

For Magic chips and some others, try this:

2) Play PS1 games (Originals and Copies) or DVD-Movies (Originals and Copies)
    a) Open Disc Tray
    b) Insert Game
    c) Close Disc Tray
    d) Wait until the disc tray is closed
    e) Turn PS2 off
    f) Turn PS2 on. The Reset button will light up red.
    g) Hold the Reset button. The Reset button will light up green.
    h) Continue holding reset until the eject button lights up blue.
    i) Release the Reset button a split second after the eject button lights up blue.

3. Hakoleon

Hakoleon Member

HEY, MINE IS A SLIM 70012 PS2, NO DISC TRAY or RESET BUTTON, only a EJECT button and a POWER/RESET Button.
    And there's only one LED light is above the P/R button. Only RED or GREEN, never seen BLUE or YELLOW.
    Sorry, but I don't even know what chip was mine.
    But I see the engineer soldered alot of wires in mainly 3 part of my PS2 , then he solder an extension board small like a SmartMedia card to the motherboard, there is a big IC on that ex board and 2 rows of soldered wire on it (sorry i don't know the technique terms).
    To boot a PS2, I must put the disc (CD or DVD don't matter, just PS2 then it can boot) in BEFORE turning on. So it load. Sometime it can't load and I must re try. If I turn on my PS2 first then put a disc (this time is whatever disc PS2 PSOne, PSX, CD-Audio...), it only appear the screen with a MemCard and a line "Reading Disc..." and nothing happen.
    Can you identify for me what kind of chip was mine ?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

5. Hakoleon

Hakoleon Member

Too bad I modded the PS2 for weeks and he forged it in 5 mins, how did I suppose to remember it. All the chips looks same.
    HELP. I WAS PLAYING FINAL FANTASY X, It HANGS !!! The Music plays continuously normally. But the screen was black. After I turn off the PS2 and turn it on. It doesn't even boot into the Sony Computer Entertainment System. Nothing happens on the screen, nosound was played. But the SOUND of the PS2 SHAKING is Read Head. When nodisc is in the drive, the PS2 read head is moving like there is a disc. And when there is a disc in the drive, it shake ! Is the read head got burnt ?!

6. azza004

azza004 Member

ur ps2 is pretty fucked up

7. Hakoleon

Hakoleon Member

You don't need to insult me like that !
    Hey, I shake (pap) it with my bare hand like I do with my old crappy TV and it works !!! Sometime it just breaks again and I turn off and shake it, work. I believe there is a problem of the Read-Head Moving Module. Can someone tell me away to get rid of it for good ?
    Again I believe that my chip is a Messiah 2 PRO 'cause it can't play PS2, is there a way to temporarily disable it ?
    I've got a GameShark 2 4.1 (backup) DVD and I don't know how to use it. Is it used as a SwapMagic ?