1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me - Magic 3.0 - Don't Play never Backups -

Discussion in 'PS2' started by palomino, Apr 11, 2003.

1. palomino

palomino Guest

Hi boy, i'm new here. I have just install a magic 3.0 chip in my playstation. After some test, now the playstation start and color are visible.
    I still have some trouble on the screen but i think that i can solve it shorten some wire. My BIG problem is this: I have test some backups of PS2 and PS1 but no one start !!!! Help Me please. I have a V5 PS2 with MAgic 3.0 chip.
    Thanks in advance to all !!!

P.S. Excuse me for my bad english :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2003
  2. palomino

palomino Guest

Please boy, a link a word :)

3. glmsrm

glmsrm Guest

try to shorten the wires.

4. palomino

palomino Guest

Hi, Glmsrm, i have shorten the wires, and now i don't have any trouble on the screen, but the backups don't work. So i was angry ,after, i have bought a new chip and i replace it where was the other at the same wire and ...... WORK ALL GOOD!!!
    The seller have sell me a corrupted chip .... Grrhrrhr. Now i'm fine! Thanks Glmsrm for yours suggestion.
    For other boy that whant to modify a PS2 with a magic 3/3.1/3.6 chip:
    1) Isn't difficult if you have a BIG patience
    2) I think that ME2 clone is more good ( i don't press reset some times like magic 3)
    3) The 5v and GRD wire must do no wire-up (0,5 mm) but 0.8-1 mm is good, the other wire 0,5
    4) the wire that go to the other side of PS2 .... shorten! ( to don't have trouble on the screen then you see DVD)
    5) Is the istallation is good and all don't work .... CHANGE CHIP ... :)

Bye Bye to all!!!

5. tokdog

tokdog Guest

r u booting it right ,when you put disk in

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I have removed all replies that have NOTHING to do with the question asked....I am really getting pissed about this too. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY OR HELPFULL, KEEP YOUR DUMB ASS REPLIES TO YOURSELF!

7. ZRV

ZRV Guest

Dex, that reply has nothing to do with the question asked either...

Anyways, I wouldn't recommend the magic mod chip, if I were you I would just forget about it and get a no solder or a flip top, I got my games workin in the first day I got it.

8. Oner

You have made it very clear that you WILL NOT follow forum rules, even after you have read my thread about innapririate replies. You have gone into 2 or 3 other threads that I have posted about such topics and replied with a smart remark (that I have had to remove already).

You have been warned now.

This forum not tolerate instigators and troublemakers.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2003
  9. haider83

haider83 Guest

hi!
    my ps2 has a mod chip (dont know which one..sorry!).been playing my backup ps2 dvds and backup ps2 cds on it directly w/o any swapping or any problems for a while. just recently my ps2 started messing up... i have to reset it 40-50 times to get the same backup dvd games started but it plays the backup ps2 cds ( yes backup ps2 cds) or any other media just as before... perfectly well. and if by some strange twist of fate my backup dvd starts.. it plays ok..so i really dont think its the lens. people! a little help ! thanx!

10. palomino

palomino Guest

Hi. DextrsLab, What is the problem? I don't understand. I have said something that I don't say? My problem is solve. Thanks to all.

Bye

11. Oner

It wasn't intended to you palomino.