1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me!! need to buy a dvd player, need help.

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by pooface, Apr 25, 2007.

1. pooface

pooface Member

I want to buy a really good dvd player, but I have no idea what to look for. I don't really understand anything about high definition, but my uncle has a great HD setup and it looks freakin awesome, so I want to go HD.

Some time in the near future I plan to buy a widescreen TV that has HD capabilities. But I need to buy a dvd player now because my dvd player is getting old. I want one that can play all forms of media, such as avi and mpeg, and can read dvd+/-R/RW. I have heard that some dvd players can record, for example, if I saw a good show on tv I could turn on the dvd player and record the show onto a blank disc. If possible, I would like to have that feature as well. I need it to be capable of hooking up to a surround sound system. And of course, I would like to have the best high definition sometihng as possible. I just want to be able to play dvd's on a great widescreen tv in the best high definition possible.

If anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum and I'm sorry if I did anything else wrong. I bought a camera last year and used a web site to figure out what to buy. It ranked the cameras in a bunch of different catagories and it helped me a lot. If anyone knows a good web site like this for dvd players let me know. Any information, tips and help is greatly appreciated.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

you shouldn't pay over 80$, make sure it support both hef-def and normal quality tv's, make sure it plays at 1080I, OR 180IP. The large thick ones tend to be older generation players so stick with the thin but "WIDE ONEs" (there are little tiny ones the size of cd players which are dung quality). It should be able to support MP3/MP4/CD-R/VIDEOCD/DVD and more, the cd-r support is realy nice because you can burn a video in MP4 format on the disk and play it on your tv but still in nice quality.

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

AND PAL SUPPORT (along with noth amersican suppot to NTSC, THE WIFE ALWAYS LIKES FOREIGN MOVIE'S, plus every now and then a relative bringS a video and you can'T play because YOUR DVD PLAYER ONLY -PLAY ntsc