1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me...new to ps2 copying

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by alex_dc22, Mar 13, 2005.

1. alex_dc22

alex_dc22 Guest

first of all hello to all you people here....ive been looking around the net for info on how to back up ps2 games...and alot points here but am still lost :(

ok...i just ordered the DMS4 E.Z.I. Pro mod chip
    and i also have tekken 5 from the net...i want to know how to burn it,but everywhere i go it has diferent opinions...

example...some say primo dvd burns them good...some say dvd decrypter and or nero or alcohol %120..
    while i dont have my chip yet...itl be here this week.
    i want to be ready for it...

so wich programs can i use to burn the ones from the net and wich program can i use to make a copy of store bought ones?
    dvds and cd format...

i have a moded xbox so i never needed much help with that..since it is ratter simple.....i hate to be wasting dvdrs when i wouldnt have to...

so please any help would be apreciated...

Alex.

2. Themea

Themea Member

Well if you want to learn anything, this is the site to go to.

I have only ever used DVD Decrypter, ISO read then ISO write at 1x (I got Tekken 5 and burnt it with Decrypter at 4x though) The last few games i have backed up on TDK 8x discs i burnt at 4x and they have been fine, so i probably got the same tekken 5 as u, Is it an ISO? Just use Decrypter ISO write.

Ive never used nero, suposedly its best for CD based games, The whole process is pretty simple, ive had alot of coasters though, but theyve only been bad media, so make sure u get a good brand. Search this site for suggestions, overall Ritek Go4s, Mitsibishis, Vertabrim Data Life Plus and TDK's are popular.

Good Luck!

3. alex_dc22

alex_dc22 Guest

coll ill check it out...my media is cheap
    but never had problems with any xbox games on them
    the iso i downloaded i tried to burn with decrypter but it only copied about 2 minutes before it screwed up...but like you said could be bad media...

hopefully ill get the chip this week and ill be ready by then...i thank you for your reply...

alex.

4. CagadaMan

CagadaMan Member

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and new to the whole copying PS2 games thing. I didn't want to start a new thread about this, as there are alot of them already. I have the Swap Magic discs and the PS2 Flip Top lid but I have no idea how to burn my own games. I have a DVD burner and the DVD Decryptor but I don't know how to use it. Can someone tell me, or link me to past threads on how to use the DVD Decryptor to burn PS2 games step by step? Thank you.

5. fireman30

fireman30 Member

6. CagadaMan

CagadaMan Member

Ok thank you for that link. Now just one more question. I have recently purchased the Swapmagic3 discs and the PS2 flip top lid. On the top of that thread that you linked me too, it said that all DVD backups need no modchip to play. Does that mean that I wouldn't need the swapmagic discs?