1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me! Noob!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DafPhillz, Jan 16, 2007.

1. DafPhillz

DafPhillz Guest

Ok. Im new to the psp game download thing. Ive downloaded a game to my psp via BitLord, a torrent. & i have a 2gb psp memory card but i cant get the game to the card what do i need & do?
    Thanks,
    Daf.

2. guano

guano Regular member

You need to have at least a 512MB card for most Isos these days. You need a USB 2.0 connected to your PSP while it's in USB mode. Then you should see a screen on your computer that corresponds to your PSP. You can now navigate thru your Mem stick. The very first screen that pops up is called the "ms0". (It stands for Memory stick O and is the key to Flash0. If you choose to unhide your hidden files, you'll see ms0.)

Right click and create a brand new folder in your ms0 called ISO in all capital letters like that. You put your isos in there and you're ready to rock. Depending on which FW you have, you can then launch your iso from the XMB or thru DevHook or w/e.

Have fun!

3. DafPhillz

DafPhillz Guest

Ok im assuming devhook etc is a program which runs the game? do i still need to be connected to the usb as im palying or can i unplug it?

4. guano

guano Regular member

DevHook emulates FW. (Firmware) Which FW version do you have? I would recommend 3.03 OE over DevHook, but for either, you have to have a 1.50 PSP. There are downgraders, but you gotta start at 1.50.

There are options to play games (Isos) via USB, but you don't have to. Once the game is on your mem stick, just launch it and play.

5. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

guano, how's it going mate? I'm looking at downgrading my friends 2.50 to a 1.5 unfornately he doesn't have GTA - any suggestions mate? I've been out of the PSP scene for months now and I'm still using dh 0.46 lol

6. guano

guano Regular member

Hey man, how you doing?! It HAS been a long time! Shit, I was still using DevHook v0.44 up until OE. I never updated to SE b/c I didn't like it. So I was at 1.50 forever.

A/f/a downgrading PSPs, the only PSP I ever had to downgrade was my old 2.00 using the MPH method. (Which I upgraded from 1.50 to play GTA LCS, speak of the devil.) I've never been unfortunate enough to get stuck w/ anything higher than 2.00 and I have no idea how to downgrade anything else. Sorry, mate.

I hope all is well for you and you had a great new year and christmas. Did you get a ton of PSP games and crap? lol

Talk to ya, homie.

guano

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  7. DafPhillz

DafPhillz Guest

I just plugged my psp to my pc it opened & only MEMSTICK.IND MSTK_PRO.IND PSP & MP_ROOT came up? i cant find any ms0?

8. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

Thanks for replying Guano, looks like I have alot of reading to do hehe... so yea I did get alot of games for Christmas (and my 4gb stick), thats what got me back into the scene! So now I'm debating if I should upgrade my sweet 1.5 to OE..... geeeez.. what do you think?

Hope you got alot of nice goodies for Christmas as well :)

9. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

ms0 is your root of ms

10. DafPhillz

DafPhillz Guest

11. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

ms0 is the place where you can see MEMSTICK.IND MSTK_PRO.IND PSP & MP_ROOT, aka the root of your Memory Stick. You need to make a folder here called ISO to put your isos in.

Sup Guano, long time no see around here! You an OE-Ber yet?

(400th post ;-)

12. guano

guano Regular member

You should mosdef upgrade to OE. Who doesn't wanna play PSX games on their PSP? That's something I never even dreamed of. :D It's incredible. A perfect FW. You can do so many things with it.

Listen to this:

I lost a VIRGIN 1.50 PSP - Ceramic White mind you - and I have never looked back. It was worth losing status (1.50 status) to be able to have all that I do. Your PSP will become much like Blade. All of the benefits of both FWs and none of the drawbacks. (Not that there were any drawbacks to 1.50) You get the visualizer for mp3s as well. Too cool!

I'm in the middle of playing Resident Evil, FF VII, etc anywhere I go now. It's great.

A/f/a Christmas... pfffft. I'm not a kid anymore, so all I get are clothes. lol

Dude, you should hit me up on MSN sometime. Ask me for my MSN if you want... In fact, I'll be on there tonight and I can help you set up your OE if ya like. :D

13. guano

guano Regular member

Yea, NPDYNA. I'm an OB'er. lol I was going to respond in one of the threads you posted in the other day, but I didn't know if you would see it.

Did you have a good Christmas and new year too? Hope so. Anything new going on w/ your PSP? You lovin' this OE or what? I know I am. I even got the screenshot mod working for the PSone emu, so I've gotten some nice PSP walls from Parasite Eve and stuff. TIIIIGHT.

@DafPhillz: Yes, that would be the ms0. It's the ROOT.

14. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

oh man, now I'm really tempted..... so yea pm me your msn id and I'll link you ... lets give this a whirl!!!!

15. DafPhillz

DafPhillz Guest

Ok ive made the ISO folder & put the ISO game in there, whats next?
    Thanks btw
    Daf.

16. guano

guano Regular member

Sure thing. Only problem is I gotta leave work in like 15 mins and I won't be home until later. So if you're gonna be on later tonight (maybe in like 1 hour) then I can help you then. a/f/a links, here's all you'll need:

3.02 OE-A:
    http://dl.qj.net/3.02-OE-A-by-Dark_AleX-PSP/pg/12/fid/11867/catid/114

3.02 OE-A2:
    http://dl.qj.net/Dark_AleX-s-3.03-OE-A-PSP/pg/12/fid/12135/catid/114

3.03 OE-A FULL INSTALLER:
    http://dl.qj.net/3.03-OE-A-Installer-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/12093/catid/151

3.03 OE-B:
    http://dl.qj.net/3.03-Open-Edition-Revision-B-(Custom-Firmware)-PSP/pg/12/fid/12202/catid/163

1.50 EBOOT:
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163

3.02 EBOOT: (It's ok that it's Japanese, you're upgrading past it anyway.)
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.02-JP-PSP/pg/12/fid/11627/catid/163

3.03 EBOOT:
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163

As soon as you're done, make sure you go into recovery mode and set the kernel on 1.50. Then you'll be all set and I'll help you w/ the rest later on.

Good luck. (It's easy)

17. DafPhillz

DafPhillz Guest

Ok whos talking to who here? p.s. Anyone help me on what to do next?

18. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

Sorry to hijack your thread DafPhillz didn't mean too. guano I'll check you back in an hour... intially I thought I only needed the 3.03 OE-B Full Installer and I was good to go... now with all these links you've posted I"m a little confused... I suppose I need the eboots as well, do I?

19. DafPhillz

DafPhillz Guest

My FW version is 2.82 i dont know if this is correct but on another guide to DevHook they say i need 1.50? & Now that ive put my ISO file in
    ISO what do i do next?
    Thanks,
    Daf.
    P.S. Dusk, no problem. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  20. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

Dude, if you have fw 2.82 - you are outta luck mate... might have a wait a little for a downgrader :-(