1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me pick a dvd player :-)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by asfoetida, Oct 25, 2007.

1. asfoetida

asfoetida Member

Requirements:

-Great support for DivX and XviD, burned videos, etc. This would be 90% of the content I watch. 8% is burned discs in DVD format. 2% is actual, real discs.
    -USB 2.0. I usually burn discs and throw them in my drive at the moment, but being able to buy a USB key would be nice and convenient.
    -Good interface for file browsing a data disc or the usb drive. The DVD player I have right now is terrible for that. 6 letter or something restriction on file names.

As far as video, I'm not a nazi. I was robbed recently and they stole my TV, so I'm watching stuff right now on a 21" round tube CRT, so nothing would make a difference. I may switch to a 23" 1680x1050 monitor I have lying around extra. I may buy a TV in the future, maybe not, I'm ambivalent at the moment. If I did, it would be 32-40" 720p LCD, likely.

Multi-region or region free is a perk, sort of a tie breaker.

Price -- obviously cheaper is better all things considered. I'll spend up to $200.

Is there any better choice than the Oppo 980H?

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the Oppo is defiantly the best choice if you want to keep it around 200 dollars

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  3. treezy

treezy Regular member

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

plus the Oppo is 1080p

the Phillips is 1080i