1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me play my backup games!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by EVILUTION, Apr 13, 2005.

1. EVILUTION

EVILUTION Guest

Dear member's, can someone please help me and tell me how to play backup games for ps2.

* I copy my games with dvd decrypter or nero and have swap magic 3 version 3.6 with slide card.
    * I have tried copying at the lowest speed as i was told to do and at max speed but both have failed.
    * I have tried using dvd+rw and dvd-rw.
    * I can copy cd games and play them with no bother so i am getting really pissed about the dvd copying.
    * One member even told me to use the cd swap magic disc to play dvd copies as they said they had done this. this did not work ( but if someone wants to tell me this works is welcome to.

So can anyone please tell me their ideas on what to do and if i am doing anything wrong.

2. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

try using high quality DVD-R or DVD+R that is what I use. It may also be your dvd burner.

3. EVILUTION

EVILUTION Guest

Thanks Hubris, i have tried using TDK dvd-rw and arita dvd+rw without success. My dvd/cd burner is a new high speed burner.
    * Can you tell me what disc's you use and how you make your backups it would be helpful. thanks

4. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

I use 8x Maxell DVD-R or 8x Verbatim DVD+R. Down load DVDDecrypter, if you haven't already. Open DVDDecrypter and set mode to iso read, then set source drive to the one with the game you want to back up in it. Set destination, click on the little file icon in the window and go into my documents and create new file named VIDEO_TS. Then click on start. After it is done loading set mode to iso read. set source to the iso file in the VIDEO_TS folder. Then set destination to the DVD burner that has your blank DVD in it. Click start. Wait a while. Play game. Enjoy.

5. modster

modster Regular member

i always have good luck using verbatim dvd-r (2x) which you can purchase from bestbuy for $19.00 for 50 dvd-r. They were on sale for the past few weeks.

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Your problem is that the ps2's don't like rw's. Use good quality -r's.

7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

ps2 cannot read RW

My new baby White Chocolate

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005