1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Please (Black & White picture)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sincere63, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

ok, i did the whole SVCD to DVD-R thing that is on this site. which is coo and it really did do what was needed. but after i burn the DVD it works on the computer but won't play in color on my DVD player which is a Pioneer from 2001, but it'll play in the Apex DVD players. And i played it in another friends player and it was black & white, but also jumped up and down on the screen. So can someone please let me know what's goin on or do i need to try a different brand of dvd's. i'm usin the Verbatim right now.....thanks for any suggestions

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like you have a NTSC/PAL conflict with either your DVD Player and/or TV set.

3. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

so how do i do somethin about it is the next question

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

check see if it's the TV .... by trying more than one dvd player on the set perhaps (it's purely a matter of elimination)

also it could be that when you encoded svcd to dvd-r you didnt change the format to NTSC [or PAL if in Europe etc]... hard for me to guess really