1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME PLEASE DVD-R ISSUE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MSOV1986, Jan 22, 2003.

1. MSOV1986

MSOV1986 Regular member

I first purchased DVD-R that said for use only with DVD-RW and DVD-RAM i burnt movies on them and they work fine in my playstation 2. Then i bought DVD-R that said for use with DVD-R and DVD-RW and those don't work in my playstation 2, but works in a dvd player. Does it take acouple extra tries to get it to work or wont it work in my playstation 2. The DVD-R are made by Memorex

2. MSOV1986

MSOV1986 Regular member

Anyone Know?? i have a magic 3 chip a version 4 ps2.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I have no problems with memorex gold dvd-r in my v5 ps2 but I don't know what they are like in a v4. I have a magic 3 chip installed in my ps2. Perhaps you could try alternative media because ps2's are a bit picky about the media used!

4. MSOV1986

MSOV1986 Regular member

what media should i use?

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

That's really hard to tell. Everywhere here in the forum I read that the Princo DVD-r's give a lot of problems.
    One guy told me he used about six (6!!!) different brands of DVD-r media and they all didn't work ... Then he bought some Fuji DVD-r and they work all the time (in his PS2)..so it's hard to tell.
    Try some out, not cheap one, good quality brand and if they work stick to them.

Good luck ..

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

When its a ps2 it can give you any trouble! The whole media issue is a pain in the ass!

7. jr_

jr_ Guest

Princo DVD-R's reflectivity is less than 40% so most PS2s are going to have a problem with it. If you are fortunate to get a PS2 that they did a good job on calibrating the laser you won't have any problems. Else you will have to find a brand that will work or get your laser assembly calibrated or replaced. Verbatim and Mitsui are suppose to have good reflectivity.
    You can't tell by looking at the specs on the box. I think they all are rated 40 to 85%. The ink is the same so using +R or -R won't matter.
    This all assumes your modchip is working. Since none work it may be a mod problem. If none of the disk will even try to boot (red screen) then I would suspect a mod problem.
    Keeping the laser clean on a PS2 can also be a problem.