1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me Please!!!! Magic 3 problem!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wesker, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Wesker

Wesker Guest

Hi im from brazil, so i'm sorry for my english

i'm having some problems with magic 3
    I was using it , 1 week i think..
    and today i was going to play GT3 and that shit doest run the game

my ps2 dont run ANY ps2 backup game
    dont run PS2 backup

put that shit an run PS1 Backup!!!!! but not PS2!!!

it runs ps2 original cds and ps1 original cds
    can run dvd , and audio cd

the only problem is this
    i cant run ps2 backups, but i can run All other disks

what is going on? anyone can help me?
    thank you very much

2. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Are you sure it a good backup? maybe it's bad.

3. RavedoG

RavedoG Guest

I agree with JVegas. It must be a bad ps2 backup

4. RuddyRum

RuddyRum Member

Most good PS2 games are on DVD nowadays, so you require a DVD burner and some DVD-R's to backup those. however you can use some ripkits to burn DVD games onto a CD-R...

5. bobbytues

bobbytues Member

I have a Magic 3 problem too, however it's sorta the opposite of Wesker's. My setup is:

- PS2 v.5
    - Magic 3 chip
    - Nero 5.5.10.7b
    - Memorex DVD+R/+RW writer

Now... my CD-R PS1 and PS2 backups work fine, single tap load. I got one Verbatim DVD+R disc to run (dbz: metacooler) but it was skipping like crazy. And... here's the wierd thing. It won't load any of my PS2 originals now. I can only play the backups. I'm like... WTF?? They could load at first, but now for the past couple of days, no originals are booting.

So i guess my question is:
    - Is there any reason the Magic 3 would boot backups and not originals?
    - When copying movies and/or games on dvd+r w/ Nero 5.5.9.x and up, is it best to copy disc-to-disc or create an image and burn the image to dvd using some type of compilation (ISO? UDF? ISO/UDF ??)
    - Even tho magic 3 is non-swap chip, are there any swap tricks or methods to get certain medias to load that normally aren't?

6. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

You do know that you need to do the boot methods to load originals too? I assume you do. If they worked before and are now giving you trouble I would assume a wire may have "popped" off a point. There is no reason they would work then not. Are you burning them correctly? Burn them at the slowest speed possible. If that is not your problem;Check all the wires VERY carefully. Some break off at the connection point and still look like they are on. Take a toothpick and "pick" at them gently to see if they are one VERY securly.
    I sure one or two points are loose.
    IMHO.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  7. bobbytues

bobbytues Member

ok. Cool, i'll check my connections over to ensure they havent popped off and have continuity. But how about the burning method? Is it best disc-to-disc w/ magic 3, or to save the image and burn to disc via ISO or UDF or ISO/UDF? Which way has been successful for you w/ dvd+r for games and movies?