1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME PLEASE MY MEMORY CARD CRASHED!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by okthen12, Jun 5, 2007.

1. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Hi, first sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
    Well i had just recieved my 4gb memory stick pro duo of ebay. I had put it in my PSP, went into USB mode and started to put demo's into psp/game. The file was not there, i made one myself, i think i should have formatted the stick first :S. So once i took it out and went onto the game the memory stick showed there was still maximum memory in the card, i went on memory card, but it would not load up, tried formatting and there was an error. Then when i restarted my psp neither the psp nor the PC now reconginses it!?!. However when playing PES6 it gives and error saying that the memory stick cannot be ACCESSED. So this means it can sort of read it right???
    Thanks in advance

2. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Owww cmon guys please help. This is the product i bought can u tell me if it is fake or not...

Copy and paste into browser if it does not come up as a link.

3. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Well, I don’t think it crashed, if I were you I would try and connect the PSP via USB without the memory card, then insert it once it asks you to insert a disc into the drive after you had clicked the drive of course (comps own way of saying stick the memory card in). That or delete the drive from your computer and reinstall it, just connect the PSP go to my computer right click on an empty space, then go to device manager, you should see the PSP drive their delete that drive and connect the PSP again, it would probably install itself and it should recognize it. Try that then tell me if it worked or not and ill see what else I can think of lol. Yet I think that should do the charm.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Yea, sounds like a faulty memory card. Contact the seller to get a refund.

5. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Thanks for replying guys. Yea the seller agreed to send a replacement, which should come tomorow. If the next one does the same, ill try your method of reinstalling the drive. If that dosnt work ill ask for a refund.
    Thanks again.

6. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Hi guys. OMG IT SITLL HASNT ARRIVED AFTER TWO WEEKS!!
    The seller has had to post the item twice apparently. I might ask for a refund but see no point because i paid by cheque and he would still have to post the cheque like he is doing with the item.
    Ill leave a message IF it arrives.

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Hmmm... fishy delay tactics uh? I had an experience like that on ebay. The item sent from hong kong was damaged when arrived, so I took a picture (with packaging intact) and contacted the seller. The sell said he'll send another item. After like 3 weeks still nothing came, I contacted him again. He said he had sent, but will send again. Immedietly I knew something is wrong, because those stingy ebay sellers won't willingly send you another item just like that. I contacted ebay, and after 3 days I got full refund Including shipping.

8. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Ok ive stopped worrying because it arrived on saturday morning. Ok what i did was put it in my psp and format it... Now the psp can read it but when i put it in usb mode it wont come up on the computer. If i put my san disk card which i bought from a shop, it works fine :S Any tips guys please.

9. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Ok i managed to fix it... somehow, the card is however very slow e.g. the psp takes alon time to recognize how much memory is in it XD. First its like -MB then about 10secs later it goes too 3XXX MB (im not sure exactly how much). But i am 99.9% sure it is fake because of the packaging and the slowness reading the memory card. Thanks for your help every1!!!! :D

10. icefenix

icefenix Member

Its a fake.. Go to
    www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Fake_Memory_Cards to compare yours

Basically, if you format it and it crashes.. thats a 99% chance its fake

11. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

I am not too sure that it is acctually fake now lol. But it still works so that cool. :p