1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME, PLEASE, ps2 dvd rom game back up

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ladyds, Dec 19, 2003.

1. ladyds

ladyds Member

I've been trying to back up ps2 dvd rom based games. I've tried decrypter and nero. Both seem to rip fine but will not play in ps2 with chip (I don't know what kind of chip). I have been using +R media because the ripped +R media works with my PS2 when I burn dvd movies.
    The only thing with decrypter is when I write the files to the hard drive they presented me with two files an mds file and easy creator image file. Nero burns it fine but won't play. I tried both and nothing would come up on ps2. Will DVD games work with +R? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes dvd games will work on +r media aslong as your ps2 supports them.what game are you tring to backup.what speed did you burn at.what media are you using

3. ladyds

ladyds Member

I tired to back up All star baseball 2003 and nba 2k3. I tried using nero and decrypter burning them to DVD+R. They seemed to copy fine but would not load on ps2. We tried booting them up the same we do with burned "cd/analog" games. They work fine.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what method do you use to boot cd based games

5. ladyds

ladyds Member

We use the gameshark2 swapping method. We wait until gameshark comes up and then press without codes wait ten seconds and then take out gameshark game and put in burned game. It works for the burned analog games. p.s. i'm using a new dell computer with xp burning at 4x

Last edited: Dec 19, 2003
  6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i think you have to use a slightly diferent boot method when tring to boot a dvdr backup something to do with a double swap with an high toc orignal game.have a read of this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105 there are boot instructions for using game shark on there

7. ladyds

ladyds Member

I'll try the dvd boot method and let you know how it goes. I didn't realize there was a different way to boot dvd burned games vs cd burned game.

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok hope it works 4u