1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by reanon, Jul 3, 2003.

1. reanon

reanon Guest

I have Windows XP Professional and i have searched everywhere to find out how to format the PRIMARY C drive, and i dont know how to put my computer in MS-DOS mode, someone please help me, my computer really badly needs formatting!!!!!!

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

Are you trying to format the Primary drive on the computer that you are using?? If it's a different system then just get a boot disk win98SE. Make sure CMOS is configured to boot from floppy.
    you will see x:\ when your in MS-dos.

1.type "format x:" replace x to primary drive letter.
    That will format your primary drive.
    look for boot disk @ http://bootdisk.com/
    ================================================
    NOTE: IF FORMAT PRIMARY DRIVE WILL ERASE ALL DATA AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BOOT INTO WINDOWS. Installing windows is hard if you don't have the right utilities(i.e) boot disk, operating system, etc.
    You sound like you don't got any expirence so you might mess things up for ur self if you don't follow the steps right.

EMAIL ME @ deadlykilla@hotmail.com

3. reanon

reanon Guest

yeh i am trying to format that drive, my brother builds computers and stuff, but he's hardly here and doesnt have the time so he just said to go on the internet and look up how to format the drive, but everytime i try to format, it just says "exit all windows displaying this drive" and all over the internet it say's start in MS-DOS mode, but i dont know how, ive been told to format my computer because its never been done and things arent working properly. you right when u say i have no experience i dont even understand what you were trying to say about CMOS floppy or anything, ive just simply been told to format the PRIMARY C drive.

4. reanon

reanon Guest

oh, and one of the reasons im formatting is that whenever i try to download anything it doesnt work and keeps saying lost internet web page or some crap, so i cant download any boot disks

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Best thing to do is to insert your Windows CD and when on start up - select boot from CD, however your CMOS does this. Once there, you will be able to format the C drive and re-instal your operating system. Its great, i do this every few months cuz some much crap gets on my computer and starts conflicting with each other, it eventually stops working. If you are using XP, the quick fix is to set up a new user account.

Chris

6. tacoX

tacoX Guest

BABYcecy69: lets slide

7. reanon

reanon Guest

thanks, but i really want to get all the shit off my computer that i dont use and cant uninstall for some reason

8. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

its easy if you know how, but you dont, if you do mange to format your drive i would be surprised if you could reinstall xp succesfully, leaving you with a dead machine, ...wait for your brother to get home..
    i hope this dosent sound cheeky, its not meant to, we were all noobs once.

you sound a bit panicy.. mabey what you really need is window washer ???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2003
  9. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm
    download the one for windows 98SE put a floppy in your drive run the exe file. restart your comp with the floppy in the drive. you will boot to DOS. If you do not know what to do from here the process is too long for me to explain.

The easy way to format and reinstall windows is to insert the Windows XP CD restart and press key to boot from CD when prompted. then it will ask you what you want to do. tell it to delete your existing partitions. after that create new partition and re-install windows.

If your'e not getting the press any key to boot from cd at start up go into you BIOS and make sure the boot sequence is as follows:

1. Floppy 1.44MB
    2. CD-ROM
    3. Primary HDD

10. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

Another thing, what the hell is this post doing in the dvd-r for newbies section?

11. reanon

reanon Guest

you know what, fusk u all,dumb cunts cant even answer a fusking question, instead you all ramble on like you know something, when u dont, get a life

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - someone lost his cool. I'll point out two things to you.

1. Carlitob is right, this is DVD-R for Newbies, nothing to do with your problem.

2. We're not the idiots, we all know how to format a Hard Drive.

My advice, dont dish the free advice you get, especially when it was good advice in the wrong forum. Maybe you should take the time and the effort to post your comments in the relevant forum and then you may recieve answers that are satisfactory to your needs. Either that or take up another hobby, cuz you certainly dont know sh*t about computers!!

Have a Nice Day

Chris

13. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

Dumb bastard, you don't see me asking someone how to format a hard drive which by the way is really easy. So go ask your brother, your momma, your stupid grandpa. I don't care who you go ask just get the hell out of this forum.

14. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Heh heh. If youse wuz so smart youse would've fixed this yoself instead of whining to others to fix yer probs and calling them cunts.

Try making a MS-Dos disk. When that is done. Stick it in the floppy drive. Reboot yer comp. Drive should now read the disk. Should see dos prompt.

format c:

if that fails trow yer comp out the window.

15. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

yes Reanon, my guess is that you are a paedophile and dont want your brother finding your filfth on the p.c., jest tell him as it probably runs inthe family.

16. Tosca

Tosca Guest

My thoughts exactly Rob. I wuz wonderin why the urgent need to format...

17. reanon

reanon Guest

your all gay
    get over it fusk ups,thats all i have to say.
    oh and if u write back ill know your stupid

18. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

Dude,

You are by far the stupidest motherfucker I have seen here and I have seen alot of dumb, I mean really dumb, bastards post here. First you post a question (in the wrong forum). You get multiple solutions (to your very simple ass problem) then you start insulting people who try to help you.

I guess writing back makes me stupid huh? what a dumbass...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003