1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me please!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jaberocs, May 5, 2004.

1. jaberocs

jaberocs Member

first time poster, and i need help

ok here's what i have:
    -v4 ps2
    -neo 2.2
    -gameshark2 1.8
    -hp 300c dvd+r/rw burner
    -memorex dvd+r media

i have burned hitman: contracts and nfl street using dvd decrypter, but they won't boot. ive tried almost everything, even the preferred method (using an original dvd with a larger TOC). can you guys please help me?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

have you tried using cdloader?

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

does your ps2 play dvd+r movies?

4. jaberocs

jaberocs Member

can you please explain how to use cdloader?

i think my ps2 can read dvd+rs because i just burned friends season 6 disc 1 (episodes only) and it worked perfectly

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

use game shark to boot cd loader(as you would a cd backup)
    when cd loader boots press eject and remove cdloader and swap for orignal high toc ps2 game press eject to send back in press x
    when it says ps2 dvd in lower left of tv screen press x and wait for it to say swap by ea method at this point swap with backup by slide/flip and press x
    your backup should now boot

6. jaberocs

jaberocs Member

so id have to hold 'reset' until it says swap with ea method in order to eject the tray?

and another thing came up...i tried loading cdloader with my gameshark, but it wont read it

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  7. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

This method with the cdloader won't work becasue the neo 2.2 chip isn't an ea method. I think, using the neo 2.2 chip, you can only do one swap each time your ps2 to boots where it will read a backup as if it is an original. After that it will only read originals untill you reboot your ps2 so the cdloader method won't work. Probably the best thing to do would be to get the Swap Magic Discs.

8. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

or upgrade the chip... avoid swap booting methods at all costs...

9. jaberocs

jaberocs Member

i am actually considering upgrading my chip to a direct boot chip...however, i am horrible at soldering and have already screwed up a ps2 trying it. i also dont want to send my ps2 to anyone, i prefer to have a local installer put one in. im still looking for any installers here around san francisco, CA

10. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

You could try using the fliptop cover. It's easy to install. Swapping isn't really that bad (for me at least).

11. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

yes well what will you do when the original that you use for swapping wears ut (scratches etc)...

when you use the same disk over and over even with no scratched - it wil start to slip on the white magnetic top holder as it gets very smooth from continual use - I have seen this with one of my test CD's - and original PS1 game I have had for years...

When the motor spins up the disk slips - reading fails - makes a horrible noise... - had to add little droplets of glue on the top to give it enough texture to maintain grip on the spindle!