1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tom804, Apr 21, 2005.

1. tom804

tom804 Regular member

OKAY I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY PS2 WHEN I FIRST START UP THE UNIT INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE GAME LIKE IT SHOULD IT GOES TO THE MAIN CONFIG AND BROWERS SCREEN (THE ONE WHERE YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DO A SYSTEM CONFIG OR GO INTO THE BROSWER). ONCE I GO INTO THE BROWSER SCREEN(THE ONE WHERE YOU CAN SELECT YOUR MEMORY CARD) AND TRY TO EJECT AND RELOAD THE GAME IT POPS UP WITH THE READING DISK MESSAGE LIKE IT WOULD DO NORMALLY BUT FOR ONLY LIKE 2 SECONDS. AFTER THAT IT GOES BACK TO THE BROSWER SCREEN AND DOESNT GIVE ME A DISK READ ERROR MESSAGE OR ANYTHING AT ALL NOR DOES IT SHOW A DISK TO THE RIGHT OF THE MEMORY CARD LIKE IT SHOULD HAD THE DISK BEEN DETECTED. I MUST NOTE I DO ALSO HAVE A 80 GIG MAXTOR HDD INSTALLED AND I AM USING THE HD ADVANCE SOFTWARE NOT THAT THIS SHOULD HAVE A EFFECT ON IT AT ALL.
    PLEASE SOME ONE HELP

2. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

first thing first, do not type in all caps (its against the forum rules). have you tried adjusting the laser in your PS2? many people have found that a simple adjustment gets rid of the DREs (disk read errors).

3. tom804

tom804 Regular member

good idea. But if i do decide to send it off to sony to fix you think they will still repair it once i remove the stickers off i mean i already know that my warranty is up anyway.