1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by yummum, Jan 20, 2007.

1. yummum

yummum Member

Hi There

I have an xbox with a mod chip. I have been able to use it fine until today. (don't use xbox live) The mods on it ( i think) are xecuter2 and evolution x , for some reason it no longer loads to the page where I was able to go to games or applications etc. It goes straight to a screen where it says MS Dashboard, reboot, power off, backup and flash bios?? I am not to sure why it is doing this as we dont have any idea how to make changes to it. Can someone please help me.

Thanks heaps

Yummum

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You need to either edit the evox.ini file to point at all your applications, or reinstall the evox dash from an autoinstaller disk..just the evox dash, not re-do the whole drive.

3. yummum

yummum Member

Hi Janrocks

thanks for that. I dont have any idea on how to do this. Is it something easy or hard? and if I need an evox dash from an auto installer disk where would i get that from?

Once again thanks for your help

Yummum

4. gewen

gewen Guest

Hi,

I am having EXACTLY the same problem as yummum. I dont know why but instead of loading with my usual menu options I can now only choose MS Dash,and the other options listed below.

I remember when I bought it the guy told me that I could access the original xbox menu (the ms dash) somehow and thats what seems to have happened but I have no idea how to get back to the menus I want.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Gaz

5. yummum

yummum Member

Hi Gewen,

There is plenty of how to manuals on the net all you have to do is search for the evox.ini file stuff, but if you are like me and wouldnt have a clue on what to do, the best thing for you and me is to take it to a mod shop where they will do it in five mins. It doesnt cost much and you know that they wont kill your system.

Off to the mod shop for me.

Yummum

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest