1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me plz!!! boot disk problem!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sirob, Dec 28, 2003.

1. sirob

sirob Member

Hi, i'm new to this site and I was wondering if you guys could help me. Well this is the case, I borke my v5 ps2 by accident so now couple days ago I got a V9 ps2. I also bought swap magic at the same time as I bought my V9. Well, booting dvd games works fine. Oh and by the way I use the knife method to boot my games. anyway booting the dvd games works fine..... but then I borrowed a old cd game from my friend and burnt it. The game was SSX..... well i decided to try it out and then I put the swap magic cd disc in..... the 3.0 one and it gives me the put it a ps1 or ps2 format disc screen.... I cleaned it and the same thing happends... I decided to try to boot it from a gameshark v2 cd instead and then the same thing happend. I thought maybe my ps2 stopped reading cd games or boot disks but i popped in a real game and it worked and i popped in a swap magic 2.0 dvd and that worked...... so I didn't know what was wrong.. I tried cleaning both multiple times and still doesn't work... I also put both in my comp and for some reason they both took a long time to load in my cd burner and loaded faster in my dvd burner.... Everything works fine excpet these 2 boot disks..... any help would be appreciated :)

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

not 100% on this but think swap magic 3 cd aint compatable with v9+ ntsc consoles

3. sirob

sirob Member

my gameshark also doesnt work.... does gameshark work on V9 ps2???

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

dont think the early versions that you can use for swaping work as sony has done something to the code that the ps2 uses